Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the following in Electronics forum, but it did not generate a lot of interest. I guess a lot of us do not go below "Accessories" folder :)

Just when I thought I finally made up my mind about a "mobile theater" solution for my MDX, a friend threw a monkey wrench in my plans by suggesting Audiovox "Video-in-a-bag" system.

Costco and a few other retailers now carry new 5" vbp2000 system and even newer vbp3000 2 x 5" screens system with tv tuner and a possibility to watch 2 different sources on those 2 screens. (video, tv, or video game/dvd through A/V inputs)

Quite attractively priced as well. ($270/$500 I believe)

I never owned/dealt with Audiovox before. So, any insights and suggestions will be appreciated

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MDXtrous,
I pretty much made up my mind - I want nothing "permanently" attached to the car.
I was a "Hit-Enter-Key-To-Place-Your-Order" away from getting a portable DVD player (see various discussions on Mobile theater solutions) when this Auodiovox alternative showed up.

I have my motives to consider a portable VCR rather than a portable DVD player.

The "bad" part is I cannot see these products. Costco in Brooklyn does not have them. Most other retailers still carry a 4" vbp1000 - a product which is 5 years old (if not more)

Good thing, I still have 3+ months before the summer "exodus" to the mountains begins.

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P911 - thanks a lot!
Your post gives me answers to some of the most important questions I had.

If you could only elaborate on that "research" that Audiovox came out on top of...

I am 100% certain I do NOT want "installed" components. Also, I do not need an additional DVD player, so a pricey portable DVD is out of contention unless this Audiovox system proves a bust. I already used my laptop for DVD-playing entertainment. It will be hard to beat a 16-incher :)

The 2-screen system w/TV tuner which allows to watch 2 different inputs on those screens seems to be most appealing at the moment. Perfect solution for 2nd and 3rd rows as well as for different-interest different-age passeners as well as occasional in-house use.

I am certainly concerned about reliability. Not that I think Audiovox is bad, I simply do NOT know, hence - this thread.

Is it true that Audiovox is a vendor for Nissan Quest minivan entertainment system?

P911 - thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.