Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers side audio is lower in volume than passenger side; especially the bass. I've confirmed that Fade/Balance settings are set to middle/0. I have replaced all speakers. Could the issue be the receiver or amplifier?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Probably amplifier but search the forum first for known issues.

If you don't find anything, using a multimeter, verify the signal strength/power levels from the head unit to amplifier and amplifier to speakers are the same on each (left vs. right) channel. If one is substantially lower, you've found the problem.

If you're not comfortable with this, take it to any car audio shop.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, greatly appreciated. I know absolutely ZERO about cars and audio components. What is the model number of the amplifier that I would need to replace? Any suggestions on where to search for a replacement amplifier would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and help!

2012 MDX Tech Bose Sound System

Probably amplifier but search the forum first for known issues.

If you don't find anything, using a multimeter, verify the signal strength/power levels from the head unit to amplifier and amplifier to speakers are the same on each (left vs. right) channel. If one is substantially lower, you've found the problem.

If you're not comfortable with this, take it to any car audio shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts