Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I printed off the part numbers that everyone has listed and gave them to the service manager at the dealership where I bought my MDX. He said he couldn't find those part numbers anywhere. He also checked with the Acura Tech Line and several other Acura dealers including the Service Manager Mark at the dealership(Hondacuraworld) Tim works at. The only thing he was told by Mark or anyone else was that they do an adjustment and basically clean the pads and calipers every 7500 mile service. My dealership's service manager and general manager are doing everything they possibly can to remedy this problem. They have offered to do the adjustment to the pads and calipers at any time when the noise gets bad again at their own expense. Acura does not cover any of this under warranty. Does anyone have any insight on where the before mentioned part numbers can be found by an acura service dept.?? I was also told that Acura is working on a fix for this problem and should be a bulletin out before long (Hopefully).

Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Are these the part numbers you're requesting from them?

1 06435-S3V-A00 shim set, RR warranty
2 45236-S0X-013 Liner A, PAD warranty
2 45237-S0X-013 Liner B, PAD warranty
2 45238-S0X-003 Liner C, PAD warranty
2 45239-S0X-003 Liner D, PAD warranty

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Well, maybe since there is no TSB yet they fear not being reimbursed by Honda/Acura for warranty service :8:

Those ARE valid part numbers. They do exist :)

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
There's not usually ever a case of a dealership not getting paid for work for a valid concern, so I tend to doubt that's it.

About all I can do from this end is offer to puzzle this out with you on the phone if you have some free time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had the pads replaced on my CR-V under warranty for the same clunk.
It is much worse on the CR-V than it is on the Pilot (and I assume MDX).
The noise went away for a while but is now coming back.
Seems to indicate that new pads, and maybe shims are a temporary fix, but not a permanent one.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Has anyone tried to install the shim kit themselves? Just curious, if it's not that tough, I'd give it a shot to save a trip to the dealership & having to leave the car for several hours.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Tim, can you check?

Are the shimms a regular part or an updated part to put in to fix the problem?

DaveI said:
Has anyone tried to install the shim kit themselves? Just curious, if it's not that tough, I'd give it a shot to save a trip to the dealership & having to leave the car for several hours.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. Worm!! Tim.....I may contact you Monday if I can't get anywhere with the info. that I received from Worm, when I contact my dealer Tomm. or Monday. Will give an update after my visit.

Marc

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE.......Dealer picked the mdx up today and dropped off a loaner. I also faxed the sheet that "The Worm" sent me to the service manager. I then called to follow up and then they all of a sudden discoverd that those part numbers do exist and the shim kit comes in a box with new brake pads. You do have to order the pads in order to get the shims(according to the service manager). But they are replacing at no cost to me. I also was originally quoted 89.99 for the differential fluid change. I asked him if I bought the fluid how much would they charge me for the labor and they quoted $35. I then called Hondacuraworld and got a quote and part number for the fluid which was approx.$15 for a gal. I then called my local parts dept. and gave them the part number and asked how much regular retail was and I was quoted $19.44 a gal. So, doing the math I called the service mgr. back and told him I can buy the fluid in YOUR parts dept. for 19.44 and you charge me 35 for labor which equals $54.44 far from 89.99. He didn't know what to say at that point. I then asked to speak to the GM of the dealership to let him know what is going on and told him I expected the change done for $54.44. Just FYI to everyone!!! This board is AWESOME!!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
mginter250 said:
This board is AWESOME!!! :D :D
I agree 100%.It is part of my daily routine to check out the board to learn something new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts