Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Acura still have 3.9% Financing?

Jamie, I remember that around Thanksgiving timeframe, Acura was offering 3.9% financing. Do you know if they are still offering it or if they will offer it again?

·
3,109 Posts
I don't know if the 3.9% from Honda is still available, but if have a clean record, 3.59% APR is available from Chase - according to the Business Manager @ Performance.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zafer said:
I don't know if the 3.9% from Honda is still available, but if have a clean record, 3.59% APR is available from Chase - according to the Business Manager @ Performance.
Great news, zafer. How long is the term?

·
3,109 Posts
Hmmm, didn't specifically ask, but our discussion was always based on 5yrs financing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I talked to the financial manager, the 3.99% is not available from Honda. It ended at 12/2 and have to document by 12/12. He submitted my application to Chase. He told me that I can get 4.5% from Chase. I have a clean record. Is there any ways I can get 3.59%? Who can I contact to get this rate? Anyone has any ideas? Thanks for any inputs!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
storwatch said:
I talked to the financial manager, the 3.99% is not available from Honda. It ended at 12/2 and have to document by 12/12. He submitted my application to Chase. He told me that I can get 4.5% from Chase. I have a clean record. Is there any ways I can get 3.59%? Who can I contact to get this rate? Anyone has any ideas? Thanks for any inputs!
4.5% is still a good rate. But yeah, 3.59% (almost a full percentage point) is way better. Try telling the financial manager that someone else (zafer) is getting 3.59% from Chase and how come they're only offering 4.5% to yourself. Worth a try :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
I got it to work but, it would only allow me to put in a max of $5000 for the down payment. Anything more than that generated the "numbers only" error.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Regarding AHFC 3.9% program...I spoke with the Finance Manager at my dealership yesterday and he said that while it was currently unavailable, he had just learned that it was set to return in something like a week or so...maybe even by Friday the 20th. I wasn't financing so I didn't pay perfect attention so I can't swear to the date but he DID say it would return SOON. It's worth a call to your Finance Manager to check that out.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pmsmith66 said:
Regarding AHFC 3.9% program...I spoke with the Finance Manager at my dealership yesterday and he said that while it was currently unavailable, he had just learned that it was set to return in something like a week or so...maybe even by Friday the 20th. I wasn't financing so I didn't pay perfect attention so I can't swear to the date but he DID say it would return SOON. It's worth a call to your Finance Manager to check that out.
Thanks!

·
3,109 Posts
storwatch said:
He told me that I can get 4.5% from Chase. I have a clean record. Is there any ways I can get 3.59%?
There are a lot of variables that cause variations in the rate. When a manufacturer offers something, it tends to be nationwide. When you go rate shopping yourself on the web, you first indicate your locale, then the loan period, amount, your income, rent or owning a home, etc. all cause the rate to change. Some even ask for your residency status. It seems like you get the lowest rate, with a 720+ fico, for a minimum loan of $25K and 36 months.

Then again he might be trying to haggle you too. You probably can bargain the rate down. Costco's lowest rate is 4.25%, via PeopleFirst.

·
Registered
228 Posts
crikey:

Zafer and the rest are correct on this one... Acura's rate is no longer available. There is no certainty when and if it will return. You should ask your dealer to try other institutions and/or use the resources everyone on here has found so helpful.

Jamie S.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have some questions in regard to financing. I just placed a deposit for an MDX that should be here in January. Should I call the finance guy at the Acura dealership before my vehicle arrives, to let him go ahead and get my credit score? That way I can see what rate I qualify for through his sources. If the rate is not competitive, then I thought I could go to Peoplefirst.com and see what I can get there.

First, is this the best way to get the best rate? Will Acura accept financing from online services like peoplefirst? Finally, wont the more people I get to run my credit, hurt my credit score? I just dont want to get to the dealership when my vehicle arrives, and be told that I only qualify for a high interest rate. I would like to have several options available. Any help would be appreciated...

·
3,109 Posts
spain said:
Finally, wont the more people I get to run my credit, hurt my credit score?
For the past 4-6? years, inquires no longer effect your score. I think they don't even get logged.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just got approved from www.peoplefirst.com. They are mailing me a check. I plan to take the check to the Acura dealer and only use it if Acura's financing is higher. My car isnt scheduled to be in until mid January so the financing at Acura may be different then. Does Acura accept financing from peoplefirst?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Inquiries do get logged but should not effect your score. I just got a copy of my credit score and had dozens of inquiries

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
guru said:
Inquiries do get logged but should not effect your score. I just got a copy of my credit score and had dozens of inquiries
Credit inquiries do get logged, and do affect your credit score...

Factors used to score you, in order of importance (information marked with a * is obtained from an application, not considered in a credit bureau score) :

Major derogatory items on your report (bankruptcy, collections, foreclosure, slowpays)
Time at present job
Occupation (Professionals are given heavy weight)*
Time at Present Address
Ratio of balances to available credit lines (the lower the better)
Are you a homeowner? (if you are, this is heavily weighted)*
Number of recent inquiries

Inquiries occur whenever your credit report is pulled. They are recorded on your credit report. However there are 2 kinds of inquiries:

Soft Inquiries occur when you pull your credit report or when one of your existing creditors pulls your credit report. Why would a creidtor do this? They are checking to see how you are doing credit-wise to see if potential problems exist. Soft inquiries supposedly have no effect on your credit score.

Hard inquiries occur when your credit report is pulled as a result of your applying for new credit. These count against you.

Age (50+ is the best)
Number of credit lines on your report
Years you have had a credit in the credit bureau database

References...

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/scoring/scoringinfluences.shtml

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/scoring/inquiries.shtml

·
Registered
67 Posts
Would there be a reason why my Acura dealership didn't tell me about the 3.99% financing through Honda Finance? I bought my car this past November 29. Instead, they put me through Chase. Does it matter that I got a good deal on the car?

I know that they make commissions off the loans. Is there a difference whether that loan comes from Chase or Honda? Anything I can do, other than complain to my dealer about the financing?

Thanks,
-Brian.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts