Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to find a Silver base MDX in the Bay Area without waiting 6 months? My brother-in-law came to visit us in Boston, drove my wife's MDX, then decided that his minivan has to go.

David Boyce
'02 Silver base MDX

·
Registered
411 Posts
Call the dealers and find out ... that's the only way. You may get lucky.

·
Registered
67 Posts
or email them--that worked for me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
David,
Which dealers have you called so far?
I think you can get one w/o too much wait but depends on whether you wanna spend over MSRP or not.

Acura of Pleasanton - maybe 2 weeks - prepared to spend $4k on accessories.

Acura of Oakland - $2K above MSRP.

Got mine at Acura of Concord...ask for Hadi (nice guy) and mention my name will ya, Michael Yi, ...he promised me to send me a "gift" if I steer business on his way...

Good luck!

Mike

·
Registered
67 Posts
I drove out to Sacramento and got mine at MSRP. I wasn't willing to pay Oakland 3K over MSRP. Mike Harvey will try to get 4K over MSRP but will sell for MSRP you hang out for a couple of hours and hassled them down. Just check around and it will be possible to get an X at MSRP in a reasonable time frame.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hopkins Acura in Redwood City currently has 4 MDXs on the lot: 3 Touring with Nav (2 silver and 1 white) and 1 Base with Nav (Black). Apparently there were cancellations. I just put down a deposit for a Havasu Blue Base with Nav, and they still refuse to budge from MSRP. If paying MSRP is still OK with you, call Al Anderson there. He's pretty nice and not very pushy.

BTW, he also told me that the 2003 will have 260 hp and ON STAR, but could not confirm for sure .

·
Registered
24 Posts
To make a correction on my last post, the cars are NOT on the lot, but will be available in early July. Apparently, the people ordering them have cancelled and so Hopkins Acura is trying to let the word out early to find alternate buyers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts