Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, everyone else is doing it, so why shouldn't we?

Time to get our Atlanta/Metro Area Group organized!

Please post here if you own an MDX or will own one later, and live in the Atlanta/Metro area.

Post your Area of Town, MDX color, options(Navigation and/or Touring package), accessories installed, future accessories and how far you live from "The Big Chicken". (Ok, that last one is optional).

Lets get this Rolling !!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I live in Duluth (Gwinnett County),

MDX:
Black with Saddle
Touring Package & Navi

Accessories Installed:
Moonroof deflector
Rear Mudguards
Wood Shift Knob
Razo premium white bulbs
PIAA Ion Foglights

Soon to follow:
Rear Tailgate Deflector
http://www.AcuraMDX.org sticker

·
Registered
62 Posts
My wife and I haven't purchased yet but we're waiting to see the new colors. We both liked the GG but didn't care for the charcoal interior and couldn't get it with saddle. We said that we'd settle for the DEP until we heard about the Evergreen Pearl/Saddle. Gonna wait for a 2002 Tour/Nav with: CARGO NET, CARGO COVER, painted TAILGATE DEFLECTOR, REAR SPLASH GUARDS, MOONROOF VISOR, RUNNING BOARDS, GOLD EMBLEM KIT,& GOLD INNER GRILLE. However, our lease is coming to an end and we hope we can get the new color in time or we'll have to settle for another color. We live in the Cobb county area near SIX FLAGS. BTW, there's a Black touring in our area that we see from time to time. But as soon as we get it, we'll be more than happy to participate.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darcity,

I'm a software consultant, and one of my clients is over near six flags, just of six flags road (I think that's the name of the road. I've been going there for a while, so I don't notice the road names anymore.) If you're on I-20 heading West from Atlanta toward Birmingham, it's the exit AFTER the actual 6 flags exit.

I wonder if it's me you've been seeing? I have a black touring MDX....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyy!!!! That's our exit!!( well our house @7 min off of the exit). Do you know where OLD ALABAMA RD or MABLETON PKWY is cause that's where I've seen it or maybe I should say them. Just saw another one that has FENDER FLARES. It might have been you. If you see a Green '99 HONDA ACCORD EX flash you, that'll probably be me .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there,
I live in the Roswell area (but in Cobb County - 15 minutes from the Chicken). See below for the accessories and options that I have on the MDX. I am very interested in meeting with other Atlanta MDX owners. BTW, I used to live off of Hicks road (near Mableton)..
Phil

·
681 Posts
Keep Me Posted

Charleston, SC (not exactly the Atlanta area but you may be the closest group)
Silver with Touring and Nav
Equipped with Moonroof Visor, Cargo Cover, Cargo Net, Separation Net, Highland Kar Pak Car Top Carrier, Tire Mounted Step, Motorola 4500 Car Phone, Igloo 22-Quart Thermoelectric Cooler
I would like to know if you schedule any events and I will try to drive down.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
roadrunner,

We'd love to have such a distinquished member as yourself as a part of our "group". Now, we just need to plan something.

Any ideas?

·
681 Posts
How Bout Something Off-road

Just looking around on the internet I found the Georgia Bounty Runners 4WD Club - Atlanta, GA
Web site: http://www.gbr4wd.com
According to their posting:
"The monthly club trail ride consists of such organized offroad events as the Dixie Run, Smoky Mountain Venture, or a run to a nearby National Forest or ORV area. Stock vehicles are welcome! Don't worry if your 4x4 is not built up or tricked out. Most of the member's vehicles are stock or just slightly modified and are used for daily commuting. For that reason you also shouldn't be too concerned with damaging your truck. Also, the Georgia Bounty runners adhere to "Tread Lightly" which promotes responsible use of our nation's public and private lands."
Possibly they could make suggestion or eveninvite some Luxo SUVs to join in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I live in Norcross, Gwinnett; work next to the Global BMW on I-285. Test drove a X-5, like it but scared off with the price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought our Mesa Beige MDX in under one week. Seems we happened to call at the right time. Anyway, the vehicle is great. Fit and finish is perfect, for once. I get sooo tired of buying a new car only to have problems with it. Ours has the Navigation System which works wonderfully. As far as options go, we have a cargo tray, cargo cover, cargo net, roof rack and mud flaps. We haven't put very many miles on it yet but it drives and handles great. Very nice car. Too expensive, however. The house I grew up in cost less than this vehicle! We live in Cumming, not all that far from the Big Chicken.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Since AtlantaMDX asked for it, here's my info:

o I live in Dunwoody, Dekalb County
o delivered Feb 2001
o I don't know how far I am from the Big Chicken
o all my options should be listed in my sig

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stone Mountain Shout Out

Greetings from sunny Stone Mountain,

I (hopefully) will be receiving my Deep Mahogany Pearl Touring with Nav any day now. Then, I'll feel like a full fledged Atlanta MDX Group member. Now, I'm only faking it.

Info:
Stone Mountain (as stated)
Deep Mahogany Pearl (as stated)
Touring with Nax (again, as stated)
Running boards, rear mud flaps, moonroof visor (vendor); will get cargo cover, cargo tray, and towing from Tim.
Not sure how far away The Big Chicken is, but it is roughly 40 miles away.

MDXwalker

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Stone Mountain Shout Out

MDXwalker said:

Not sure how far away The Big Chicken is, but it is roughly 40 miles away.
After you get the MDX WITH NAV! maybe you can get a more exact mileage to the Big Chicken :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got the Atlanta section on the mdx groups on acuramdx.org

Hey all,

I've had my MDX since Oct. 2000.
I've got over 13,000 miles on it.
I was one of the first owners in Atlanta.
I've put together two different meetings along with the local lexus group, of which no one has shown (I'm thinking of changing my screen name to lonemdx'er).
I see about 4 MDX's per day recently. Mostly black (like mine).

I live in the Buckhead area on Roswell Road. I often see a black MDX in the mornings & evenings turning onto a road near Rio bravo's on roswell road just north of Peactree...which one of you is this?? :)

I also see several near Roswell & Wieuca intersection.

As of this evening, I will have the acuramdx.org sticker on my car...look for me!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: I got the Atlanta section on the mdx groups on acuramdx.org

mytonka said:
I've put together two different meetings along with the local lexus group, of which no one has shown (I'm thinking of changing my screen name to lonemdx'er).
mytonka,

I missed one of those (ended up going out of town. The other was before my time I think. Either way, I'm up for a gathering. I'd love to see what folks have done with their MDX's, put some names with faces, etc.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Local gathering - and peachtree sightings

Hey MyTonka,
I am in the area that you described pretty often. My girlfriend lives just off of Peachtree. My tag# is my ham callsign (N4NBL) so if you see me, let me know.. I have also missed the last two local MDX/Lexus meetings but am very interested in attending one.. Keep us informed.. Thanks
Phil
www.duewestjazz.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Soon to be

Dilbert said:
Ordering an '02 now, if can just decide on the damn color....

Marietta- about 6 miles east of the big turkey...
What dealership(s) are you dealing with? How's the experience been?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts