Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
How can I check ATF level via dip stick of 2014 MDX? I recently drain and fill ATF but needs to make sure I have added right amount of ATF back.
Thanks
There is a dipstick on the driver side, right of the oil filler cap. It's way down there. Remove the facade engine cover for ease to locate. Also, the dipstick is labeled ATF and it has a notch on the rubber.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
BTW, there is an external AFT filter located near the dipstick. It is secured by a metal bracket. You can see it from the engine bay; however, to gain access, you will need to remove the plastic cover underneath the car. Look above the control arm on the driver side. I'm not sure if this filter is directional. Just note its position prior removal. I recommend wear long sleeve shirt due to sharp welding spalls.
PN 25430-PLR-003 (in my case 2014 MDX FWD base)

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I see the dipstick but when should I check the level? When car has been not running for long time or should I drive it a while to make the ATF warm enough and than check the level?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.