Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is showing sign of wet ATF fluid. It looks like the ATF fluid is very slowly seeping out where the clamp connection is. Could it be there is no longer tight connection?
Electrical wiring Gas Cable Wire Audio equipment

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Audio equipment

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Not sure if this is the same; but... I was getting the same type of leaks around my P/S pump on my 08 RDX. The fluid was pretty dirty and original. I put fresh P/S fluid at around 100k and the leaks were greatly reduced (replaced the pump at 150,000 miles). It could also be dirty trans fluid if your are +30,000 miles since last change and/or you run your MDX in harsh conditions like stop/go traffic.

Reactions: Nickdiamond7

·
Registered
464 Posts
Not sure if this is the same; but... I was getting the same type of leaks around my P/S pump on my 08 RDX. The fluid was pretty dirty and original. I put fresh P/S fluid at around 100k and the leaks were greatly reduced (replaced the pump at 150,000 miles). It could also be dirty trans fluid if your are +30,000 miles since last change and/or you run your MDX in harsh conditions like stop/go traffic.
totally off topic from what the OP is stating... he's just having a problem with the original clamps weakening over time. the 2nd clamp on his pics are a more secure one, but i'm guessing it's a bit loose from all the heat cycles

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
totally off topic from what the OP is stating... he's just having a problem with the original clamps weakening over time. the 2nd clamp on his pics are a more secure one, but i'm guessing it's a bit loose from all the heat cycles
I thought my clamps were bad on my P/S pump or my seals were bad. Fresh fluid seemed to fix my issue. There can always be more than one issue and solution our 2nd Gen MDXs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts