Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in Chicago for a few days, first time visiting windy city (It is indeed very windy) any recommendation on sites and places to eat (not too fancy)? aside from those listed on the citypass (because I purchased the booklet).

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
For things to do around town, see the official city tourism site at choosechicago.com.

For our authentic, delicious deep-dish pizza, go to the nearest location of Lou Malnati's.

If you want to try our other local specialties of Chicago hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches, go to the nearest location of Portillo's.

And get some Garrett's Popcorn, either downtown, or at O'Hare on your way home.

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Beware, Arun's is really really expensive, and not all that different from Thai places that cost about one third the price.

The most unusual food you can get here that you can't get back home comes from our provincial Mexican restaurants: Topolobampo/Frontera Grill, Mexique, Mixteco Grill, Mundial Cocina Mestiza, Salpicon, and others. We're talking creative contemporary food, not your same ol' tacos and enchiladas.

Where are you staying and/or spending time? Let us know, and we can give you recommendations of places that are very close by, so you don't have to travel all over town.

·
Registered
10,572 Posts
For our authentic, delicious deep-dish pizza, go to the nearest location of Lou Malnati's

If you want to try our other local specialties of Chicago hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches, go to the nearest location of Portillo's
+1 on these! It really depends on where in chicago you are too. You going to be in downtown? What kind of food are you open to? Restaurant, a dive, ethnic? So many choices.

You can also use yelp.com to search out reviews. If you come across anything, let us know. Maybe we've eaten there.

Youre here right now?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the recommendation, my hotel is on N Michigan Ave half block away from the apple store. Indeed I spend 12hr+ outdoor today and went to several places. Also went Garrett popcorn, never tried any popcorn that tasted that good before. I'll definitely try to go to Lou Malnati's tm for lunch. heading back to NYC tomorrow night, will definitely visit again!! When the temperature is warmer, it's too cold and windy :(

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
The nearest Lou Malnati's is a bit far from there (it's on North Wells). You can get similar very good deep-dish near your hotel at Pizano's on State north of Chicago Ave, and at the original Uno and Due, a block from each other at Wabash and Ohio.

Another good place to eat in that area is Sable, a "small plates" restaurant in the Hotel Palomar, which is terrific and not very expensive either. And David Burke's Primehouse, perhaps our best steakhouse (good burgers at lunchtime when it's not so pricey).

But make sure you go for the deep-dish, which you can't get back home!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts