Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I just purchased a 2007 MDX Sport with Brown/Black interior on Sept 26th. Exterior color is Aspen White Pearl. For 83k, it looks excellent inside and out with very little wear and tear. Extremely happy with it! Needs very little fixing up, as I am picky and want it as nice as I can get it.

A little automotive background on me:
I sold a 1996 Honda Civic EX coupe two days after purchasing the MDX. I had this Civic for nearly 10 years! Bought it my senior year of high school (05-06). Bolt on modifications were done in the past, converted it auto to manual, and eventually back to stock once I realized messing with my daily driver was a pain. (The 5 spd manual stayed, parts went) It remained my winter beater until this past Monday when it went to its new owner.

Back to about 2009, after looking for a second car to mess with, I then went onto a 96 Civic only in hatchback form. This was my stripped out, gutted, B16 swapped autox/fun car. Extremely fun, cheap, didn't mind if it got dinged up, etc.

I then fell in love with the S2000. Made the decision to sell and part out the hatchback and start to look for a S2000 mid-late 2011.

May 2012 I picked up beautiful New Formula Red AP2 S2000 with 42k. I still own this car, and plan to for a very long time! Very little mods done to it currently. It comes out when the snow melts and goes away when the snow flies. Usually drive it daily in between and sees regular autox duties.

I decided before this coming winter to sell the Civic and look for another vehicle. Already repairing rust on the Civic once 5 years ago, it wouldn't be worth repairing it again after this winter. I got my money's worth after almost 10 years.
I bounced around between looking at variety of cars online- Subaru's, Ridgelines, Pilots, MDX, TL, Tacoma's. Yes, I was everywhere.

I've worked for Honda for about 8 years (tech) so I figured it'd make sense to stick with the brand. I test drove a 2010 TL SH-AWD in August which I LOVED but couldn't get past the lack of trunk space and seats not folding down. Already owning a car that can only carry a shoe box (see S2000), I wanted something with space.

Fast forward to a month of searching for MDX's and after driving 2 hours, I now have an 07 MDX Sport!

Glad there is a community for the MDX! Sorry for the storybook! I am also on S2ki.com under "matt96ex" assuming someone else on here has an S2K.

Matt

·
Registered
56 Posts
hmm by this logic I need to replace my TL shawd with an S2000. I'm betting they will be over $30k by then sigh -_-.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You won't be disappointed! If you are concerned with price, buy in the colder months. Prices drop considerably!
yeah, I had a local offer for a ridiculously clean (albeit boring color combo) 05 silver/black with 37k miles for $23.5k. I don't expect it to drop that much in the winter...would it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I had a local offer for a ridiculously clean (albeit boring color combo) 05 silver/black with 37k miles for $23.5k. I don't expect it to drop that much in the winter...would it?
Wow that's a lot of money for that..must be perfect if asking that much. I paid $16.5k for my 04 in 2012 with 42k on it. Isn't 100% perfect but still pretty damn nice for being 4th owner.
You gotta look and be patient! If serious, check out S2ki.com classifieds. Always a plus to buy from another enthusiast who usually takes good care of the vehicle.

In MDX news, filled her up with Shell 93 on Friday. The dealer had to of put 87 in it. Feels like a completely different car. Much more responsive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts