Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I don't like Acura's recent hues of it. TL, CL, MDX, whatever. It just isn't that rich, and the different materials (like the steering wheel vs. the seats) are kinda differently colored, like the darkness of the "caramel" color.

I REALLY wanted to do Black on Saddle, but I sat in a Midnight Blue 'X @ the showroom and while that blue is gorgeous, I preferred the black interior in that car.

I wish they had midnight blue with black interior. :(

BMW and Audi have some of the nicest tan interiors in the business. Err...*the* nicest after maybe Bentley (duh!) :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
Personally, I would have jumped for the Midnight Blue if it was offered with the quartz interior. I like that grey, especially with blue. It tough to find a decent tan interior. Strangley enough, the Dodge Caravan gets it right.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
mod said:
Personally, I would have jumped for the Midnight Blue if it was offered with the quartz interior. I like that grey, especially with blue. It tough to find a decent tan interior. Strangley enough, the Dodge Caravan gets it right.
I agree. I'd like the blue/quartz combo. I'd also like the blue/black combo.:4:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I love the Saddle

Have to disagree with you, IMHO the saddle is a great complement to the MBP and better than black or gray. Saddle is my #1 color combination choice with the MBP. In addition, I would never get a dark interior no matter how good it looks because it gets too hot here in the valley in summer.

I agree with you that it would be nice if Acura offered more interior/exterior color combinations so we all could have our favorites. :4:

·
Registered
78 Posts
dbehrens,
MBP / Saddle is a very good combo and looks luxurious. I saw one on the showroom here.
I just would love to see Saddle/blue/saddle custom combo seat just like designo edition in Mercedes M-Class Or Range Rover (I am not sure if the one I saw on EBay is a custom)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About the Valley weather, hell yeah, totally! Up here in New England, I'm fine with Blk on Blk which is what's on order. :4:

But that would be disastrous in the summers in AZ, NV, or such places. :1:

As for why they don't offer more choicing, well...it's obvious that it's for cost control. Otherwise we all would be paying a few more K for our MDX's. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
470 Posts
mdxxxx said:

I agree. I'd like the blue/quartz combo. I'd also like the blue/black combo.:4:
I too would have liked the Quartz interior in the Midnight Blue Pearl - that would have been my first choice. Since I've now been in the MBP/Saddle a couple of times, it's starting to grow on me. I really like the Midnight Blue exterior so.... Saddle it is for me!:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
ndahbar said:
About the Valley weather, hell yeah, totally! Up here in New England, I'm fine with Blk on Blk which is what's on order. :4:

But that would be disastrous in the summers in AZ, NV, or such places. :1:

As for why they don't offer more choicing, well...it's obvious that it's for cost control. Otherwise we all would be paying a few more K for our MDX's. :rolleyes:
My previous '01 CL had a Ebony interior and it saw it's share of hot days. The Ebony leather never scorched or burned. It was warm to the touch but that was about it. That car didn't have tint so it got the full brunt of the sun's rays.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just picked up my MBP/Saddle on Weds., and LOVING IT!!! The color of the blue is awesome, and, while I originally was a little worried when I saw Saddle interior, it is starting to grow on me. I say worried because I think Acura darkened it a little bit from '02...it just seems like the lighter color of tan is darker, but the dash and upper parts remained the same. Anyone else have an opinion on this? But the Midnight Blue Pearl completely negates any doubts I had about the Saddle, in my mind...

·
Registered
206 Posts
In my opinion, the darker the tan the better....my '00ML320 w/Java interior seats were so light - almost creme - that I had to schedule a quarterly driver seat detailing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is so interesting to read your comments on the Saddle interior. When I went to test-drive the '03 MDX, the darker tan was the first thing that I noticed!! When I asked the dealer about the change in the color, she replied that it was exactly the same as the prior years! I thought I was losing my mind because I could have sworn the color in the previous model was slightly lighter!

Can anyone who has received their '03 model comment on this further? I am getting nervous that the Saddle may be too dark!! We ordered the Black/Saddle...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think the Saddle is a little bit darker, that was also the first thing I noticed when I saw MBP for the first time. But, as unhappy as I was at first with it, now I love it. Couldn't be happier! The only way to prove it is to compare an '02 or '01 side by side with an '03....anyone able to do this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts