Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn! 1 month old and someone keys it up. Keyed up 2 doors.

I think it's the hillbillies living down the block. They've got this pack of kids that just roam around riding their dirt bikes. One of them is a 200lb 4' midget that rides around on a mini dirt bike. I'm pretty sure they did it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
keyed MDX

Am really sorry to hear that.

There are two things that bugs me the most- 1)dings, 2)scratches.

What's even worse are irresponsible individuals who are absolutely no regards for other people's personal property...

I shoot the bastards that do that to me...sorry I had to vent when I see things like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,732 Posts
Re: keyed MDX

Fireblade6 said:
Am really sorry to hear that.

There are two things that bugs me the most- 1)dings, 2)scratches.

What's even worse are irresponsible individuals who are absolutely no regards for other people's personal property...

I shoot the bastards that do that to me...sorry I had to vent when I see things like this.
Can we borrow 'your' gun?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
That really sucks- but don't let it get the best of you, life is too short. (I know that's cliche) My BMW got keyed a few months ago and it was eating me up for several weeks before I finally realized I just needed to have it fixed and move on. You aren't the first person to fall victim to this type of BS and you won't be the last. Look at it this way- would you rather have a keyed MDX or be a four foot tall, 200 lb. hillbilly??? Exactly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,544 Posts
doggiedog said:
Damn! 1 month old and someone keys it up. Keyed up 2 doors.

I think it's the hillbillies living down the block. They've got this pack of kids that just roam around riding their dirt bikes. One of them is a 200lb 4' midget that rides around on a mini dirt bike. I'm pretty sure they did it.
What a picture... a 400lb 4' midget hillbilly on a dirt bike.... Frightening!:eek:

Sorry to hear about that.:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,866 Posts
Solution

As long as it's not too deep, I'd suggest many of the scratch removal items made for cars. It worked on my BMW when I got a small scratch.

Good luck. :16:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Re: Solution

laborlitigator said:
As long as it's not too deep, I'd suggest many of the scratch removal items made for cars. It worked on my BMW when I got a small scratch.

Good luck. :16:
Yeah, you just put it on real thick and light it. .... Oh, you meant for the car. Never mind. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
doggiedog said:
Damn! 1 month old and someone keys it up. Keyed up 2 doors.

I think it's the hillbillies living down the block. They've got this pack of kids that just roam around riding their dirt bikes. One of them is a 200lb 4' midget that rides around on a mini dirt bike. I'm pretty sure they did it.
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. While it won't help you, it might make the rest of us feel better if you could post a pic of the midget on his bike! (and park your MDX somewhere else this halloween with those freaks running around)

Good luck getting it fixed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
MDX GOT KEYED

:3: Cant believe this ****, someone keyed my X on the hood from the headlights to the windshield 2 times. One on each side of the hood where it slopes down alittle. Why do people do this
Its deep too so I cant even buff it out. Does anyone know if its possible for a good body shop to repair along the scratch only and not paint the entire hood. My X is brand new 03 with only 6K on it.
That what I get for driving it out to the city.

This is going to kill me if I don't fix it soon.

I could post some pic if some tells me how too.
I try before and it tells me my file is too large.

Anyway, any advise will be great.
:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,138 Posts
Re: MDX GOT KEYED

kseto007 said:
:3: Cant believe this ****, someone keyed my X on the hood from the headlights to the windshield 2 times. One on each side of the hood where it slopes down alittle. Why do people do this
Its deep too so I cant even buff it out. Does anyone know if its possible for a good body shop to repair along the scratch only and not paint the entire hood. My X is brand new 03 with only 6K on it.
That what I get for driving it out to the city.

This is going to kill me if I don't fix it soon.

I could post some pic if some tells me how too.
I try before and it tells me my file is too large.

Anyway, any advise will be great.
:(
That really sucks! My guess is you'll need to get the whole hood repainted, but a reputable body shop will be able to tell for sure. Here are a couple of threads on how to post pics:

http://acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11429&highlight=posting+pictures

http://acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4668&highlight=posting+pictures

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
:3: :cursin:

You know, I'll never figure out why people key cars ... especially for no reason other than for the fun of it. It must take a twisted mind to get off on that kind fo thing.

I had my old GTA keyed from stem to stern on both sides at work one day ... ended up painting the whole car as the color just never matched up right. I dont' know about just painting the marks, but on such a new vehicle, matching the paint souldn't be a problem if they do end up painting the hood.

About 5 years ago I had just the opposite happen ... we left one of the cars parked in the driveway one night and someone decided to be so kind as to put pinstripes all over it with a can of spray paint ... free of charge no less. :rolleyes: I think the only things that saved me were that I'd just waxed it the week before, and I found it early enough that the morning dew hadn't dried off ... keeping the spray paint from really drying ... it basically came off with some serious elbow grease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
I totally feel for you about your car.

If i were you i would hunt down that 400 pound midget and beat him over the head with his motorcycle or moped whatever. It will definitely make you feel better. I'm lucky not to have hillbillies living near me. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
RonH said:
:3: :cursin:

You know, I'll never figure out why people key cars ... especially for no reason other than for the fun of it. It must take a twisted mind to get off on that kind fo thing.
Reasons are many, and one of them is being jealous to your new car.

For kids, they are doing it for fun.

Ask a social psychiatrist who may give more explanation on human behavior. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
I feel your pain on the keying. Mine was self inflicted - well sort of.

It has been very windy in CT over the last several days. I was diving around a curve and there was a entire tree (small tree fortunately) in the road. Did not see it soon enough due to the sun. I slammed on the brakes in an attempt to stop and served to the left after on coming traffic had passed.

End result- I plowed trough the tree at 30mph shattering most of it while the rest of the tree gouged my bumper, scratched the hood, A pillar and entire right side of my car. If I was in a beater car this would have been somewhat fun. In the new X it was sickening.

The MDX is off to the body shop next week to be detailed. Hopefully most of the scratched can be blended in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
i dont have any key scratches on my mdx, but here in PHX, AZ, it tends to collect a lot of flying rocks off of other vehicles. the hood has quite a few deep scratches and the windshield also has a few small cracks. my other cars (miata & 325i) dont seem to catch many flying debris, i guess due the hight and size of the mdx, it's like a black hole on the freeway & highway that sucks in any flying objects. I'm just waiting for a few more then i'll get the windshield replaced and the hood worked on. the first scratch drove me nuts, then i came to realize that it's just a car, it can be fixed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
the Horror the Horror......

Who said this.Hint. big fat actor--once attractive say some.

I had been keyed before. It stinks and is usually mindless. I was keyed for taking someones favorite parking place. hard to believe and not provable. An army LT noless. I was one then also.
I filled with touch up paint since sides and half way decent product.
On the hood and highly visible, not good. I am still fighting to keep my hail damaged hood throught Paintless dent repair.
Aspen pearl will never match if repainted. I do not care what shop says. Let us know. Sorry.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top