Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Waiting list for 2002 or 2003 MDX?

• I\'m on a wait list for the 2002

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • I\'m on a wait list for the 2003

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • I\'m not ready to buy yet, so I\'m not on any list right now.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I\'m not interested in any list, hope to buy any MDX by chance.

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we approach the next few months, many dealers will start placing orders for the 2003 models. I'm on a list for the 03 model and would be interested in knowing how many are now on a list and if so.. for the 2002 or 2003?

·
Registered
229 Posts
If I hadn't already waited 6 months for the '02 I would probably hold out for the '03. Delivery of my '02 is next week. My current car will need some repairs and some new tires soon ... don't want to spend my money there! We also need the spaciousness and flexibility of the MDX. I'll get my '02 and then trade it for an '05 :D

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Beware on 2003 Wait

I did the same thing in 2001, I waited for the 2002. I was able to order in September of 2001 and received in November of 2001, my 2002. The one downside is the dealer is going to want to kill you with pricing telling you that you are getting one of the first 2003 models. If your receive the 2003 in the end of 2002, they tell you that the pricing must be over MSRP because of the early delivery. Then you may have to wait again another 4 months into the 2003 year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Beware on 2003 Wait

paul123 said:
I did the same thing in 2001, I waited for the 2002. I was able to order in September of 2001 and received in November of 2001, my 2002. The one downside is the dealer is going to want to kill you with pricing telling you that you are getting one of the first 2003 models. If your receive the 2003 in the end of 2002, they tell you that the pricing must be over MSRP because of the early delivery. Then you may have to wait again another 4 months into the 2003 year.
I have a signed agreement with the dealer that is holding my deposit and will order my '03 saying that the only price increase that may occur is if the MSRP is higher than the previous year model. They will not sell over MSRP and will not force accessories on me either. I hope they are true to their word at Hopkins Acura in Redwood City, Ca.

·
Registered
29 Posts
YUP waitin for an '03

They are discontinuing my favorite color GG but I hear it is being replaced with a similar dark color. So...I will wait, the color isn't the main reason for waiting though.

I hear the HP is being increased. WooHoo!!! Less MPG and more HP! It'll still be better than the 13.5 I presently average.

The salesperson I met at the dealer out in Valencia CA was wonderful. We had a great test drive and he hasn't been calling me pestering me about purchasing. He has me on his contact list for when the '03s arrive.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: YUP waitin for an '03

up4funnla said:
They are discontinuing my favorite color GG but I hear it is being replaced with a similar dark color. So...I will wait, the color isn't the main reason for waiting though.

I hear the HP is being increased. WooHoo!!! Less MPG and more HP! It'll still be better than the 13.5 I presently average.

The salesperson I met at the dealer out in Valencia CA was wonderful. We had a great test drive and he hasn't been calling me pestering me about purchasing. He has me on his contact list for when the '03s arrive.
Secure with a deposit and in writing that the cost will be msrp with no forced options. Do what crete did to secure the deal. Even then you are not guaranteed, they can make you wait if people start to come in and offer over msrp, they can sell then one they promised you to a higher bidder. In NYS this was happening with the 2002 models, and it may not be the case with the 2003 models due to the release of the pilot. They may be scared that you will go to honda instead of staying with Acura!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have it stated in my agreement that the dealer will provide me an order date, then a build date, then a delivery date. When the vehicle arrives at the dealer they will call me and give me 48 hours to take or cancel the deal. They cannot offer the car to someone else over MSRP unless I cancel the deal within the 48 hours or don't get back to them within that time.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Intergity of Acura Dealer

I am in the Central Jersey. There are couple of Dealers around my Area. I did some pricing comparison around different dealership in my Area. I was hoping to get a decent price on 2002 models since 2003 model is only 2 months away.
Importunely, the dealerships here are still charging 1.5k over MSRP for any 2002 Models :mad: After talking to 4 dealerships in my area, finally, I stopped by Prec**** Acura dealership, and they believe that selling over MSRP is unethical, I placed my order for 2003 MDX with JUST only MRSP(Other dealers charge at least 3k over MSRP), and I am in the first group to receive the 2003 Models.

I will let you know once I get my MDX in October.:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Intergity of Acura Dealer

2003MDX said:
I am in the Central Jersey. There are couple of Dealers around my Area. I did some pricing comparison around different dealership in my Area. I was hoping to get a decent price on 2002 models since 2003 model is only 2 months away.
Importunely, the dealerships here are still charging 1.5k over MSRP for any 2002 Models :mad: After talking to 4 dealerships in my area, finally, I stopped by Prec**** Acura dealership, and they believe that selling over MSRP is unethical, I placed my order for 2003 MDX with JUST only MRSP(Other dealers charge at least 3k over MSRP), and I am in the first group to receive the 2003 Models.

I will let you know once I get my MDX in October.:D
Are any forcing options on top of that?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: Re: Intergity of Acura Dealer

NOPE... JUST MSRP on 2003.. YOu can add whatever you want, since it is dealer install. No forced options, no AMV. :)

crete said:

Are any forcing options on top of that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am on the list for an '02, build date is early next week with delivery by the end of the month. Black on Black with NAV.

I am really excited to finally get the truck, however with all of the talk about the '03 improvements, I am considering holding out for an '03. Either way, can't wait to get my hands on what I feel is the best truck out on the market. Well worth the wait, either way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts