Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from my dealer that my car is to be built on Nov. 29th (SS/Ebony w/Tour+Navi) but he warned me that it might be a week later because they have been running behind.

Is this something people have been hearing for their cars (other then SS/Quartz)? Or is this the dealership just trying to make me feel better about the delays?

Jamie - if you read this could you confirm a production order for Nov. 29th to Acura of Bellevue (style mentioned above)? And is it still scheduled for that date or has it slipped?

I'm getting pretty anxious for my new car!

Thanks,

-Craig
SS/Ebony with Tour/Navi
Options? Haven't decided which (if any).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Deliveries are definitely running a week (at least) behind. Mine is 5 days overdue and counting.

Lots of others attest to the same thing in other threads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Mine is about a week behind with the same type of story. Not sure if it is true or not. I have my doubts since they only bothered to tell me that AFTER I bugged them for a date the car will be in for picking up. Jammie did track it for me a few weeks ago and the build date was Nov. 13th. Now my dealer says that the build date is the 21st.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Craigmil -

My X was supposed to be built on 11/1. The week of 11/4 it was "delayed" and then suddenly on the 11th the dealership called to say it was on the train in my state. I picked it us 3 days later on the 14th.

They were telling me the week of the 4th that it was probably delayed about a week but couldn't tell me why it was delayed. Hopefully, yours will just "Show up" soon.


Good Luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
From Tim:

Just ordered the options for my X from Tim @hondaacuraworld, got some interesting info. The X's are painted in batches, contrary to statements made in an earlier thread. He told me that at this point there are few or no delays in the production schedule. Some delays maybe due to changes in the paint schedule, as noted above. Saved $190 on the side steps and $46 on the shift knob.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,732 Posts
Triple7 said:
Craigmil -

My X was supposed to be built on 11/1. The week of 11/4 it was "delayed" and then suddenly on the 11th the dealership called to say it was on the train in my state. I picked it us 3 days later on the 14th.

They were telling me the week of the 4th that it was probably delayed about a week but couldn't tell me why it was delayed. Hopefully, yours will just "Show up" soon.


Good Luck.
Typically the dealer has no control over what's on the allocation sheet and how long the delivery actually takes. Mine was late and I got some $200 worth of free goodies for my (in)patience. No complaints!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
That's not right...

Dale:

I think you know better, so I'm guessing it was a "slip of the fingers" -- dealers pretty much have COMPLETE control of what they get. Jamie has been most helpful in explaining HOW the dealers can MONITOR where a particular vehicle is in the delivery/production timetable.

The allocation is for UNITS. Not colors, not equipment levels, not options. Dealers can get EXACTLY what a customer desires, as long as they have allocation slots that are open.

The dealers DO NOT control when the vehicles get built/delivered. It may be that folks who entered their order later than you get their PARTICULAR model/color/optioned MDX quicker, due to the FACTORY schedule.

DaleB said:


Typically the dealer has no control over what's on the allocation sheet and how long the delivery actually takes. Mine was late and I got some $200 worth of free goodies for my (in)patience. No complaints!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,732 Posts
Re: That's not right...

renov8r said:
Dale:



The dealers DO NOT control when the vehicles get built/delivered. It may be that folks who entered their order later than you get their PARTICULAR model/color/optioned MDX quicker, due to the FACTORY schedule.

That is all I was referring to, not what you get vs. what you ordered. Thanks for detailing it out.
 

·
** SPONSOR **
Joined
·
56 Posts
Delays

"Or is this the dealership just trying to make me feel better about the delays?"

No, no, no. We are simply the messenger. Since the days of the TL orders, the factory will often reschedule production.

I have several Navi MDXs that are going on 10 days behind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure you are right - the problem is that there's so much bad blood between car salesmans and consumers that people almost expect to have to wade through the lies to get to the truth (some people even establish this fear BEFORE they have even bought their first car due to second-hand hearsay).

I have had a very good experience with Acura (I own 2 of them) but I also had a LOT of info from this forum and others so I didn't really require much "selling" for me to want the car.

-Craig
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top