Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2015 Mdx tech. There are 2 small lights under both side mirrors which activates when you approach the car in dark along with interior light.
Last week I got my car serviced by acura and notice one of the side mirrors approach light is not working. Went back to dealership, they diagnose the problem and asking $300 to fix it. The whole side mirror assembly need to be out and bulb need to be replaced.
I told them that it was working fine before the service but their argument was that they haven't touched the mirror during service so cant take the blame for it.
Is it really a faulty bulb issue or is there any other fix for this.
thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
2015 Mdx tech. There are 2 small lights under both side mirrors which activates when you approach the car in dark along with interior light.
Last week I got my car serviced by acura and notice one of the side mirrors approach light is not working. Went back to dealership, they diagnose the problem and asking $300 to fix it. The whole side mirror assembly need to be out and bulb need to be replaced.
I told them that it was working fine before the service but their arguments was that they haven't touched the mirror during service so cant take the blame for it.
Is it really a faulty bulb issue or is there any other fix for this.
thanks
I usually look at fuses too out of habit before throwing 3 bills at the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
If the fuses are good, I don't know if you can remove the mirror and replace the led bulb. If you look under the mirror there is a access point with a cover, inside you see 3 Phillips screws I don't know if removing the screws gave you access to the bulb. I suggest if you don't know take it to your trusted mechanic

·
Registered
128 Posts
Look it up on YouTube. See if anybody has replaced the bulb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried to look into the fuses unfortunately won't able to figure out the solution. One of my buddy who is little more technically sound then me will look into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts