Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
Will use Klasse this weekend on my X. I will put one all-in-one first and then sealant. The instruction calls for a very thin coat (2oz/car)for the sealant.
My question is how do I apply a that thin a coat? Put in on a dry towel and just spread? Is there a trick?

·
Registered
235 Posts
klasse sealer

uvaone,

i have used klasse all-in-one and sealer before.

the bottles have a small opening at the top to allow you to better control the flow.

fold a 100% cotton applicator/towel (i like using a finishing cloth which does not have terry so it does not absorb and waste the klasse) until it is a little bigger than your hand. then squirt the cloth sparingly and apply to a section.

you should barely see the sealant go on-that's how thin you want it.

the reason to use it sparingly is:

1. more is a waste.
2. it will be more work to wipe it off as it will tend to leave a haze or white residue.

good luck and have fun,

chris

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Thanks cmdpm,
I just ordered some of this a couple of days ago and was wondering the same thing.:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check out www.properautocare.com. They have
detailing tips and also sells Klasse (AIO, glaze).
They also have a Sonus high gloss acrylic spritz, which
uses the same material as Klasse and can use to wipe dust, etc.
I'm thinking about buying their Klasse-Sonus kit, which includes
some microfiber applicator pads and towel.
They have free shipping for $75 or more until Mar 31.

Wonder if they anybody bought from this web site.
They seems to be very responsive to my questions.

Can you share your experience in buffing off
the Klasse high-gloss sealant. I understand it can be hard
especially is you use more than you should.

thanks,
Ace28

·
Registered
449 Posts
I buy almost all of my car care cleaning stuff from proper auto car. They are very good and the forums are excellent to find more info. about using Klasse. I have been using Klasse for the last few years and the application is very simple. A quick tip. The sealant is alittle bit tougher to take off, but when wiping it off with the microfiber towel, just spray some quick detailer on the towel and the removal will be alot easier.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Thanks for the advice kishino!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ace28:

Just finished putting on Klasse all-in-one and sealant this weekend. It was fairly painless and I was very happy with the result. You do not have to buff off the sealant. Apply a very thin coat (see post above), let it dry for a bout 15' then just wife off with a dry towell.

You will get a hang of it after about 5 minutes.

Thanks to all on this board for your advice. I decided to go with Klasse after reading one of the threads comparing it with Zaino. Although Zaino is clearly better, it seemed to require more coats. So for my time/performance ratio, I decided to go with Klasse. For a guy who never waxed a car before, the results are great.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
uvaone,
Glad to hear everything went ok. I am waiting on my Klasse (should arrive any day now) and I plan to do the same one of these next weekends. I too liked the advantages of Klasse over Zaino, at least for now.:2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll go ahead and buy the Klasse AIO and glaze.
I also thought about using Klasse AIO and carnauba wax, since somebody had the unpleasant experience with the the Klasse
high gloss glaze (hard to take off). But based on the feedback,
it should be okay.

I'll also buy the Pinnacle clay buy and some German-made Menzerna product (polish, etc) for my older car. It's about time for me to
put the BSM and front wind deflector? Does it make sense to
apply Klaase before puting the BSM or put it in after doing the clay bar and wiping the side with alcohol?

Is the Microfiber pad and towel really much better than
a terry towel for buffing and taking out the Klasse?

thanks for all the feedback,
Ace28

1 - 9 of 9 Posts