Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I upgraded my Iphone 6S to IOS 11 (and my wifes) the hands free bluetooth became largely unuseable (low volume, static on calls). After many phone calls with Apple and also waiting and upgrading to IOS 12 to see if it fixed the problem - I was told to go to Acura to see if they knew about the problem or if there was firmware updates to the audio system. I talked to the local dealer and they said Acura and Apple knew about the problem and were working on a fix. I was referred to a technical service group for Honda America and he did not seem to know anything about this. Does anyone have a similar issue or update on if this is in fact a known problem. I have done everything conceivable with the phone / setup and bluetooth set up and it does not affect the problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I still have my iPhone 6S+ and IOS 12 and early versions of IOS 13 were extremely buggy. The early versions of IOS 13 would cause my entire info-tainment touch screen to randomly freeze, restart, or certain functions wouldn't respond for months (Oct/19 til around Dec/19). Issues seems to come and go with each IOS update and I've haven't used this feature since then.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
We have never had an issue. iPhone XR and 11. iOS 13.5. Generally only use them for phone calls in the car.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Early version of iOS 13 was buggy with Acura/Honda CarPlay system. This issue was resolved with iOS 13.3 or 13.4.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The problem may go away if you instead use a USB cable to connect to the head unit. Did you try this?

I did use the iPod connection. But even now, Spotify will quit all of a sudden and does this multiple times. It will switch automatically to Apple Music which is annoying. And it constantly drops Bluetooth connection.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Early version of iOS 13 was buggy with Acura/Honda CarPlay system. This issue was resolved with iOS 13.3 or 13.4.
I have a 2017 Acura MDX hybrid so I don’t have apple CarPlay. I have the older infotainment system which is buggy as crap since the new iOS

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I ended up connecting my iphone with bluetooth with Waze alerts over the car speakers on a phone cup holder. I have the Acura Navi up on top screen. I have the option of bluetooth streaming or using the Acura info-tainment system. The waze traffic, hazards, and police alerts are pretty accurate; but, waze can be difficult to use with Carplay+Acura navi knob for quick changes (easier to use on the iphone).

·
Registered
163 Posts
I’ve had issues with holding the call button to activate Siri. Sometimes it doesn’t work right either when I try to make a phone call.
I also have a 2017.
Mine does that about once every 2 months. Restarting the iPhone corrects the issue so I think it's an Apple defect, not Acura as repairing the bluetooth doesn't fix it. I also had this happen in my '18 Outback. This is the only time I ever turn my phone fully off so maybe that is part of the issue.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The problem may go away if you instead use a USB cable to connect to the head unit. Did you try this?
I still have an iPhone 6s as well and I connect with a USB cable and have no issues with Waze through Carplay. Plus phone continues to charge, otherwise Waze quickly drains the phone battery on a road trip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts