Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MDX Tech with SH AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I'm using an OEM apple charging cable with my iphone 8 to use carplay on my 2020 mdx. Works great, but when I plug in my wife's iPhone 11 Pro it does not work. Her phone charges, but the car play does not connect. Appreciate any help!

·
Registered
2018 MDX SH-AWD Tech package
854 Posts
There are numerous posts on this subject. The issue is compatability. What IOS version do you have on your I8?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are numerous posts on this subject. The issue is compatability. What IOS version do you have on your I8?
I was unable to find posts on this. The iphone 8 has ios 14.3. The issue has been present for numerous software updates on the 11 pro so guess was the issue was hardware related. Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Make sure under apple CarPlay pairing setting, the iPhone 11 is set to always enable. It might be for some reason it is disabled by accident.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure under apple CarPlay pairing setting, the iPhone 11 is set to always enable. It might be for some reason it is disabled by accident.
I get stuck here when I try to access carplay settings. I don't think the mdx supports wireless carplay. Maybe the 11 pro only supports wireless and not wired?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I get stuck here when I try to access carplay settings. I don't think the mdx supports wireless carplay. Maybe the 11 pro only supports wireless and not wired?
Third Gen MDX doesn't support wireless carplay.

What I mean is once iPhone connects to cable, click on "Settings -> (Scroll down to) Smartphone Settings -> Apple CarPlay Device List". Check if iPhone 11 is listed, if yes, click into it and make sure it is set to ENABLE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts