Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm an idiot and there is something I'm doing wrong....but ever since I bought this car in May, the Car Play feature (which is pretty awesome) will work, and then suddenly I'll be in the middle of a call, or using Waze, and it will essentially stop working, kicking the call back to my phone, and the radio will turn on...seconds later, Car Play will resume, and the call re-transfers back to the car or if I'm using Waze, it reappears on the screen. It's a huge problem when I'm on a call when driving because sometimes this happens multiple times over and over so i end up turning off my bluetooth, and using the speaker feature on my phone to avoid this chaos...but after paying $55k for a brand new car, I really don't want to be holding up my phone using the speaker feature while driving LMAO. Anyone else have this issue? It definitely has been happening since May (so I do not think it is related to the recent iOS update. Thoughts/ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honestly IME, Waze, CarPlay, and Acura do NOT get along LOL I had a lot of issues with the infotainment in my '19 RDX, and 99% of the time, Waze was running. Waze also has shown not to play well in my MDX, but it's not AS bad as the RDX.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Maybe I'm an idiot and there is something I'm doing wrong....but ever since I bought this car in May, the Car Play feature (which is pretty awesome) will work, and then suddenly I'll be in the middle of a call, or using Waze, and it will essentially stop working, kicking the call back to my phone, and the radio will turn on...seconds later, Car Play will resume, and the call re-transfers back to the car or if I'm using Waze, it reappears on the screen. It's a huge problem when I'm on a call when driving because sometimes this happens multiple times over and over so i end up turning off my bluetooth, and using the speaker feature on my phone to avoid this chaos...but after paying $55k for a brand new car, I really don't want to be holding up my phone using the speaker feature while driving LMAO. Anyone else have this issue? It definitely has been happening since May (so I do not think it is related to the recent iOS update. Thoughts/ideas?
Danaesq5, Is this issue happening only when you use Car Play Wirelessly? Did You try it wired ? I use Android Auto w/o issue , However, unlike my 2019 MDX which was "traded" in for my new 2022, if Cat Play or AA is used, it doesn't allow access to use the USB Flash drive unless you exit the program. That's a PIA !! And one of the big things I miss that Acura Should have included in the 2022 was the retention of the of the CD player with an associated Internal HD. So you could play and Record a CD to the internal HD , and forget it. Then easily select which source of music to play including your HDD music, scroll through and switch Tunes and Albums, etc. But, I guess, the Trends are to just provide Music Streaming ....... Because "everyone" is doing It . Granted it can be convenient for a vast Music selection, but you are Paying For It, bc you need Unlimited Data form your Phone's provider. And with the HDD, you could always have your music with you. I'm 70, and Lots of CDs. So now I will need to record them to a Flash Drive to utilize in the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Danaesq5, Is this issue happening only when you use Car Play Wirelessly? Did You try it wired ? I use Android Auto w/o issue , However, unlike my 2019 MDX which was "traded" in for my new 2022, if Cat Play or AA is used, it doesn't allow access to use the USB Flash drive unless you exit the program. That's a PIA !! And one of the big things I miss that Acura Should have included in the 2022 was the retention of the of the CD player with an associated Internal HD. So you could play and Record a CD to the internal HD , and forget it. Then easily select which source of music to play including your HDD music, scroll through and switch Tunes and Albums, etc. But, I guess, the Trends are to just provide Music Streaming ....... Because "everyone" is doing It . Granted it can be convenient for a vast Music selection, but you are Paying For It, bc you need Unlimited Data form your Phone's provider. And with the HDD, you could always have your music with you. I'm 70, and Lots of CDs. So now I will need to record them to a Flash Drive to utilize in the car.
yes, wireless...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took delivery last week on a 2022 MDX. When connected wirelessly to Apple Car Play, the radio cuts out and does not come back on. My brought the car back to the dealer. They said nothing is wrong and to ask Apple to fix it. Not very happy. I am going to check the settings and than try a different phone. If not resolved, I guess I will call Acura Corporate.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yeah..standard Acura dealer reply..it is Apple who is at fault! a 2022 car that doesn't work right with a 2021 iphone 13 or 2020 iPhone 12....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't use Waze. I mostly use Amazon Music, Google Maps, and some of the Apple software. Wired I've found Carplay to work almost perfectly. Wireless the audio sometimes cuts in and out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It is strange that apple iphone is having more issues giving the more consistent software platform compared to andriod devices. I have a samsung andriod device and no issues with andriod auto wireless or with wireless charging. Maybe andriod auto is slightly more mature than apple car play?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts