Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you considering a portable DVD option for your X Wallmart has the Apex Portable DVD Player with 4.5" LCD screen on sale for $199.77:

Features
4.3\" (4\" x 5\" ) Screen
Plays DVD/SVCD/CD/MP3 Discs
Dolby Digital/DTS Ready
Coaxial Digital Output
Stereo Headphone Output
Zoom Function & Built-in Screen Saver
Slow Motion-Forward/Backward
Frame by Frame Slow Motion
Programmable Playback Sequence
Multiple Angle Feature & Subtitles
Built-in Speaker
AC-DC Accessories Included
Portable Chassis (Silver)
UPC: 6.99339.70200.8

Supported Formats:
Video: DVD,SVCD
Audio: CD, MP3

Picture Quality
Color LCD screen
S-video output

Sound Quality
Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound output
Analog stereo output
Built-in speaker
Stereo headphone jack

Additional Features
AC power cord
12-volt car cigarette lighter adapter
Rechargeable battery pack

To check it out go here:

Apex Portable DVD with 4.5" screen

Here is APEX's Website on the product:

APEX PD-50

Here is a side view shot:

Note:It has video outs so you can hook it up to other LCD displays like the ones from www.theautoaccessories.com

:2:

There is also a Widescreen (16:9) LCD Monitor 5.8” called the APEX PD-100. It is located here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow!

Thanks for the info......for that price - we can get the DVD for another car (while still having the video in a bag)!!

Anything to keep the whining to a minimum!:rolleyes: ;) :D

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Wow, that's really cheap. It's how much my mobile dvd player cost WITHOUT the screen!!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Do you know if they sell these instore as well or is it only online.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just called Walmart here in our area and they will have it this weekend. This will come in handy on those long boring flights when we go to Maui next week and Florida in July.:2: :7: :1:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Warzau...

I just saw this in our Wal-Mart mailing flyer today (after this post). The flyer says online only, but from the other post - it sounds like some stores will carry it. Best availability may be online though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to let you know if you were not able to get on this deal it looks like Circuit City will be selling the same thing this week for $279.99 according to some this is the PD100 so this isn't that bad of a deal.
So if you got in on it pat yourself on the back, if you didn't Walmart will be having another similar Portable DVD deal coming up soon...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Dealer -- sheesh!

I saw several dealers (not just Acura stores, but virtually all brands) who were asking as much $4500 for a "DVD LCD entertainmnet packages".

I'd like to take one (or more) of these Apex units and lodge them in the anatomy of the dealers...

$200 vs $4k+

The unmitigated GALL!

(Yeah, I'm aware that Apex is not exactly a 'top shelf' brand. I don't think too many users of the in-car entertainment are Video Conisseurs, either. {mommy, mommy the horizontal resoultion of Barney is NOT 1080i...} While the screens are a bit larger, and the units are arguably better for little kid proofness, I think I'd give up the remote controls, audio jacks, and 'built-inness" for portability & savings of THOUSANDS!!!)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can you use a player like this to connect to your home television also? Don't have a dvd player yet at home so would think that would come before my X!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You betcha!

juvee said:
Can you use a player like this to connect to your home television also? Don't have a dvd player yet at home so would think that would come before my X!
Although iut may not be "state of the art" that VIDEO OUT is better than any other home video siganl you are likley to have. S-VIdeo work on newer sets too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like that is really a good value then....of course an X box would also play those DVD's on my TV :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could even hook up an X-box or PS2 to the portable dvd player since it has a switchable input/output selector...

·
Registered
671 Posts
I just use my laptop to play dvds, etc. It has a much bigger screen! It's also portable!

I have an off-topic question - how do you guys power all these 'indoor' products like the ps2, for example?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts