Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything to prevent shifting all the way from PARK to S ? Most of the time I shifted from PARK and ended at S and didn’t realize until I heard a loud rev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sport mode or no mode!

jk I have an 07 with sportshift, so no sport mode unless I shift myself!

I actually find I end up in D3 a lot by accident, but I'm pretty good at noticing.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Anything to prevent shifting all the way from PARK to S ? Most of the time I shifted from PARK and ended at S and didn’t realize until I heard a loud rev.

Your brain. :)

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a bad design!! They should designed a locking mechanism to prevent shifting from park to s until you are in D mode for a few seconds and then release it.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
This has been pretty much the design for all Honda/Acura ATs I've had over the years. Just a straight shot into "S" mode or D3. I'm usually backing out of the garage or a parking spot and just automatically just to 2-clicks to put it in "D" from reverse. There have been some occasions when I missed "D" and put it in "S" or neutral instead when taking it out of park. Got in the habit of looking at the gear select light in the gauge cluster for a quick double-check.

Won't be an issue once you upgrade your MDX or any other Acura pretty soon with the push button gear select.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see. Just annoying. Sometimes I am in a busy parking lot park or I am in a hurry with a lot of people in my car and I don’t pay much attention to the indicators on the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts