Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Know a lady who wants to get rid of her '10 mdx and it only has 55k miles on it! All the service was kept up with. Not sure on what package it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a base model and most likely the top one. I have a 05 mdx and I told her if the price is right I'll buy it and just sell mine. She told me she wants to get rid of it in a few months to downsize since the garages are charging her extra because the car is big.

Ever since we talked about it this evening, boy oh boy I can't wait to get it off of her (if the price is right) Anything I should look out for? How is the '10 model?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the model is elite, check for ADS shocks. they leak regularly, but they should be covered by extended warranty by acura US or canada. check post in Second Generation MDX (2007-2013) section of the forum.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
+10 have known Oil Consumption Issues...

·
Registered
148 Posts
My '13 MDX Tech does not use any oil between changes. I've not heard of oil consumption being a widespread problems for the 10-13 models. If the price is good, and the vehicle is in good condition I would not hesitate in buying the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
It is an issue, We have TSBs to confirm it not like its a myth or anything.
As per Acura "Official Fix" is to basically rebuild the entire Block or Replace it, They will do this for free since its part of the Engine Warranty but the Downtime costs are up to you.

You can search online for it, Its the number 1 complaint on 10-11-12 models on Carcomplaints.com

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only thing I will miss from my 05 X is my Pioneer Appradio 4. God I love apple car play and it's going to be annoying to switch. But I am excited to upgrade to the 2010 for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts