Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used 1AAuto parts?

I need to order lower control arms for my son's 2004 TSX. I might consider for my 2008 MDX if
they are good similar to OEM quality

Or GENUINE from partsgeek dot com?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have not, but the thing that has always concerned me about them is that they hide all the info like the manufacturer so you don't really know what you are buying. In the case of the LCA's they appear to come with a lifetime warranty which is attractive, but I learned many years ago buying wheel bearings from a national parts house that the warranty doesn't cover the labor, so when I got two that were bad right out of the box and installed right before I was leaving on vacation the warranty wasn't much consolation in my scramble to source OEM's and get the job done fast with confidence that I wouldn't have a problem on that trip.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bit the bullet and get the OEM LCA. They will last long as the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just got the Original parts ordered for both cars, MDX and TSX.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you buy the OEM part from and how much?

This time I ordered from OEMACURAPARTS dot COM. I emailed TIM at [email protected]. Tim confirmed all parts where on stock and then send me the link for me to pay online.

Each LCA for the X was $463.48.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Is there anyway at all to press in those bushings?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. What is the symptom on your X that you think the LCA is shot?

One of the ball joint boot is torn off. The joint has been opened and exposed to the environment for a while now, at least two years. There is no noise or play jet. But soon it will be bad. So, I want to be proactive and get it replaced before it goes very bad. My 2008-X has 139K miles.

I already tried using a new boot replacement from FEBEST, it did not last as expected. Acura's boot is not being offered.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there anyway at all to press in those bushings?
I do not see the bushings being available like in other applications. I have a 10 ton press at home, replacing bushings has not been a major problem for me if there were available.

I have replaced wheel bearings and other LCA bushings of my NISSAN and Honda autos with ease.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts