Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....and if so, any pictures? The Acura burlwood knob is fine, but perhaps a bit understated....at least compared to the Momo product line.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have the Greddy/Trust Thrust Shift knob on right now

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Acura Type-S

I have a spare new Acura 2003 TL Type-S shiftnob from Acura if anyone is interested. I have one installed on mine and it looks and feels great. $40 shipped, just email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Acura 2003 TL Type S Shift Knob

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
2002 Acura MDX! said:
Will it be funny if you place the Type-S shift knob in a non Type-S model car??
The word for it is "rice".

·
Registered
108 Posts
Rice?

Why rice? I've seen that before and don't get it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
ricer stuff...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
more...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
another...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
last one...

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Laughin My Ass Off...

....but esteemed MDXers...is it time to revisit the point? That is, anyone tried shift knobs other than Acura? So far got one...my specific interest is in the Momo product line, which I've used before and who make a high guality product...thx.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Re: Laughin My Ass Off...

stumpie said:
....but esteemed MDXers...is it time to revisit the point? That is, anyone tried shift knobs other than Acura? So far got one...my specific interest is in the Momo product line, which I've used before and whom make a high guality product...thx.
Sorry to get off the topic. I plan on trying shifters at a local speed shop and then buying online. The issue will be how far the shifter is threaded to cover the threads on the acura stick. There are a lot of replacement opportunities because Acura doesn't include a "shift-lock" button on the stick. You could even use a manual-style knob I would think.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Side track

That was a pleasant side track. I learned a lot about rice, you guys learned I'll totally uncool.

Sorry for the diversion, now back to those knobs.... :bonk:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts