Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just installed new tires on my 2005 MDX, 93K miles. Initially installed the Latitude and was disappointed in the ride quality. The ride felt a bit rough and made the MDX feel like driving a truck. The dealer has a 30 day ride guaranty and I switched to the Primacy hoping for a smoother ride. I was again surprised by and disappointed in the ride quality. There is absolutely no difference between the tires. Both feel a bit rough and give the MDX a truck-like feel. I could have kept the Latitudes and saved the difference. I don't think that it will do any good to try another tire. I am guessing that after nine years and 93K miles the suspension is not what it used to be and does not isolate the road as well as before.
Late response but have you considered simply swapping out the shocks all around? It's an easy DIY job. You can also consider replacing various bushings which again are a very easy DIY and very inexpensive in parts cost.

My Latitudes have worn horribly, 2 need immediate replacing, one only a year old due to nail and the 4th is not too bad. I think the set is about 2 1/2yrs old.
I've found a set of Primacy's online an hour away, with 75% tread remaining for $175 for the set of four! I think I may end up getting them. It's like getting 4 for the price of 1!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Michelin Primacy Tires

Another satisfied Michelin customer here. I put a set of the Primacy MXV's 20,000 miles ago on our 2001 MDX. Still showing 9/32 tread all around, wearing very evenly. Ride is good and noise level not too high. They replaced a set of (brand name unremembered) that could never be balanced to my satisfaction. This is a family car, never off road or pushed hard. Discount Tire treated me decently on the deal.

Since 11/32 was original depth, looks to me like these ought to go about 80K. That will put us at the 300K miles mark. I have lifetime alignment package from Firestone and have it checked frequently. I also have Discount Tire rotate and balance every 3K or so.:)

If I could just keep front struts from destroying themselves on this car, life would be better. Firestone just put the fourth set on in less than one year, thankfully at their expense under warranty.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts