Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Been lurking all the tire threads and have come to the conclusion that although many people hate Michelins for the price and noise level when they are worn down, they are still one of the better tires out there and have seen lots of people moving back to Michelins.

So started playing with sizes and found out that you can get the Michelin lattitude HP size 245/60-18 for $187 (LRR one too) as opposed to $290 for the OEM size of 255/55-18.

Apart from going a bit faster than the speedo (61.1 miles with speedo showing 60 mph) , any issues or concerns? They are slightly narrower which is not a bad thing considering I use it to haul my family and need the quite time.

but looking for feedback.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just noticed that the load rating is a bit lower (104 vs 105)...so 1983 lbs load rating on the 245/60 vs 2039 on the 255/55.

Does the 50 lbs weight difference in the load rating make a difference?

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you don't mind the speedo being off, there are no issues with you running the other tire. That load rating difference is negligible.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm running 235/60/18 snow tires on my wife's '07 right now and the size difference is only .2%. A 245/60/18 is still acceptable and your speedometer will only be off by 1 MPH at 60. In other words, you'll be perfectly fine. The load rating is fine as well as long as you don't plan on stuffing your MDX to the gills every day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, but how about original 5x120 bolt pattern had to be adding wheel spacers for new 5x114.5, is that true?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts