Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Enjoy life...now.

Anyone have any trips planned?

My wife and I are looking at either a cruise or Waikiki
Nice!!! We did a 3-day and twas fun. All inclusive except alcohol. Free baby sitting, too! Kids had a blast...ice cream and pizza for breakfast:D.

Anyway we are going back to Lake Havazu, AZ. Our kids enjoyed it so much they want go again this year. Attached are some pics from last year's vacation.

We are also planning to go to Indian Wells(near Palm Springs, CA) this month. May is camping time-Silverwood lake, KOA Lake Isabella and Carpinteria and Gaviota State Beach. June-July will be Big Bear Lake. Maybe Las Vegas(baby!) by September. We have not gone there since 09.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Fifteen years later...back in Hawaii

We left the 16th,Saturday morning, for an 8-night Hawaii vacation. Kids had a blast-surfing and snorkeling. My 10-yr old said, "Dad, I'll never forget this bday gift." That's priceless!!!:29: Wifey and I enjoyed the $3-$5 mai tai and pinacolada drinks with live entertainment! We took the Circle Island Tour and it was worth it! It's a great way to explore Honolulu without the chore of driving around. Taxi worked well for us because I want to get to our destinations fast. Buses are available but with lots of stops. I did not get a car rental because it's pricey and most of parking(if you find one) ain't cheap. Overall our vacation turned out well despite the lack of preparation. My wife surprised me with this plan! We're supposed to go to Indian Wells, CA and not Waikiki, Hawaii.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
some tips..

Raceboy- Waikiki is really a nice place. Hyatt Place- big room, reasonably priced,free hot breakfast every morning, very short walk to the beach. Airport to Waikiki is $25-$29 taxi. Beware- some taxi drivers(and shuttle service) will charge extra for luggage. $2.50 bus fare one way. Surfing lessons pkg $55 one hr lesson plus one hr rental or rental alone $10 first hr, then $5 each hour. Great places to eat- Tiki Grill and Bar with live entertainment, Wolfgang Puck Express, Subway(easy on my wallet!), Cheese Burger Waikiki. Shopping- Int'l market..bargain!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raceboy- Waikiki is really a nice place. Hyatt Place- big room, reasonably priced,free hot breakfast every morning, very short walk to the beach. Airport to Waikiki is $25-$29 taxi. Beware- some taxi drivers(and shuttle service) will charge extra for luggage. $2.50 bus fare one way. Surfing lessons pkg $55 one hr lesson plus one hr rental or rental alone $10 first hr, then $5 each hour. Great places to eat- Tiki Grill and Bar with live entertainment, Wolfgang Puck Express, Subway(easy on my wallet!), Cheese Burger Waikiki. Shopping- Int'l market..bargain!
LOL,
I haven't been on the forum for a while.
First day back and I laughed b/c we booked Hyatt place this trip.
This is actually our 4th trip back to Waikiki. We like it there a lot.
We usually rent a car b/c we like spending time at the beaches on the northshore.

·
Registered
432 Posts
caution- pesky birds

Aloha! You'll gonna like it. Free hot breakfast awesome but one thing to remember- watch out for those birds..do not leave your plates unattended!!! :D Enjoy your vacation.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sequoia National Park

We're planning to go this weekend.:cool: Vegas got cancelled.:eek:
It will be my first trip there. I am hoping to post some pics here as soon as we get back.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Amsterdam a little over a week ago!

·
Registered
432 Posts
phins2rt
cool! europe...maybe one day....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sequoia National Park last weekend. We got there late because my wife really needs to check out an Outlet Mall down Tulare, CA..duh..almost two hours later of shopping(window shopping for me)..we continued driving. The trip went well. Kids were comfy with my wife's new Pilot.:29: Eight passengers for a 4.5 drive was sane. Even my 13yr old wanted to seat in the 3rd row! That won't happen with the Outlander.
$20/car entrance fee or you can buy an annual pass good for all national parks for $80. Lots of things to see so I'd say prepare as an all day visit. we did not even visit the Kings Canyon Park.:eek:.maybe next time. There's construction going on inside the park so expect some delays.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aloha! You'll gonna like it. Free hot breakfast awesome but one thing to remember- watch out for those birds..do not leave your plates unattended!!! :D Enjoy your vacation.
IT was funny at breakfast b/c you knew who were the new guests b/c they would put their food on the table and walk away. Seconds later the birds would have at it.

Vacation was nice and relaxing.
We had the fun of hiking up Koko head trail and really enjoyed the view.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts