Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
The 2018 MDX was designed and developed in the U.S. and is produced exlusively at the company’s East Liberty, Ohio manufacturing center...
I didn't realize Acura switched the line to be exclusively Ohio - it was originally Alabama, then I think both Alabama and Ohio, and now it looks like just Ohio. Some people complained about the ones produced in Alabama although those were obviously the first couple of model years of the third gen, which experienced some growing pains (aka assembly quality issues).

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I didn't realize Acura switched the line to be exclusively Ohio - it was originally Alabama, then I think both Alabama and Ohio, and now it looks like just Ohio. Some people complained about the ones produced in Alabama although those were obviously the first couple of model years of the third gen, which experienced some growing pains (aka assembly quality issues).
Mine was made in Alabama. It looks great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They started shifting production June 1. They were transitioning to be the sole producer by the fall, so it looks like the move is complete.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Who wants to be there first guinea pig to buy a crashed 18 infotainment and stick it in a 14-17?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
^ That would be nice...
I once thought about doing the same to my early 2G buying the re-face model Head Unit with Bluetooth Audio and sticking into mine seeing if it was Plug & Play, But they are very hard to find on ebay.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’m ready to go but once again, no 2018 hybrid available. Only had. “Winter” is too vague! Any thoughts/rumors on when winter is coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I’m ready to go but once again, no 2018 hybrid available. Only had. “Winter” is too vague! Any thoughts/rumors on when winter is coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since there was no previous notice for the 2018,I doubt there will be when winter arrives.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts