Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,036 Posts
very surprised thought nothing is available on 2018 models yet.
I held out waiting for the 3rd gen MDX and then bought the 2014 when it came out and at the time there was really fairly little info available about the vehicle. In the recent refresh where it went to the 9 speed trans and then the hybrid with the 3.0 engine and 7 sp trans came out and there seemed to be little heads-up about that as well other than the rumors of the hybrid. I don't recall any details about the infotainment being available before it was actually introduced.

Bottom line - don't expect a lot of details before a production model actually appears just about the time it becomes available and starts to appear at some of the car shows.

· Registered
5,036 Posts
The 2018 MDX was designed and developed in the U.S. and is produced exlusively at the company’s East Liberty, Ohio manufacturing center...
I didn't realize Acura switched the line to be exclusively Ohio - it was originally Alabama, then I think both Alabama and Ohio, and now it looks like just Ohio. Some people complained about the ones produced in Alabama although those were obviously the first couple of model years of the third gen, which experienced some growing pains (aka assembly quality issues).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.