Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
503 Posts
With the '17 refresh I wouldn't expect too many changes, android auto/Carplay would be a good guess.

· Registered
503 Posts
I asked the dealer before I bought my car. He said there were no changes. So it will be interesting.
You understand the motivations of a car sales person, right? They are probably the least reliable source of information about anything in the past or future, they deal purely in the now...let's move some metal y'all!

Reactions: Ruyehara47

· Registered
503 Posts
It has been annoyingly quiet about the 2018, but I have a hunch details will start coming after September 5th. Can't even find scoops about the darn thing and I think most of Honda's testing occurs in Ohio anyway. This long delay though still makes me hopeful that they're actually making significant changes. I swear we used to get next MY updates by June for mere model year updates and then September for bigger changes. The 2015 did get its MY update released in November of the prior year though.
'17 was a refresh, no way there will be significant changes for '18. 2020 4th gen will be your next significant change.

· Registered
503 Posts
I really doubt you'll see the 10 speed in the MDX in 2018 or 2019, it's going in the top trim Odyssey only for 2018. I would expect the 4th gen MDX to have it along with many other major updates. 2018 will bring only very minor updates.

I don't think the ZF hate is deserved, I have none of the issues the early units had and those have been corrected via software changes. Warranty is a warranty, of course they will support it. Plus the lower trim level Odyssey will still use it, it's going to be part of the Honda line up for some time. Frankly the last thing I'd want is an in-house designed Honda transmission the first year it came out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.