Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my lens for the climate control has a good 8 years of use, looks like the previous owner used sandpaper to clean it. Local Dealership is closed now but I found this:

http://www.parkacuraoemparts.com/parts/2007/ACURA/MDX/Base?siteid=215332&vehicleid=189879&diagram=4822310&diagramCallOut=16

Looks like the part number is 79601stxa41 and it is inexpensive.

Anyone had a need to replace one yet? Looks like it is just held on by clips.

Secondary question is: Do I just pry out the woodgrain pieces on the dash on each side to get to it? I dont see any screws or anything so I'm guessing it is held on by clips.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Is yours just scratched or do you have dust behind it. Mine has dust behind so I need to do something about it. If yours is just scratched you might want to try some plastic polish and a clean microfiber cloth. You would be surprised how well you can polish it out. Mine has to come off to clean up the dust. Bad design - looks so cheap.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Dust here as well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Looks cheap for a $50k vehicle yeah? I have a love/hate relationship with it...I want to pop the trim off and get that dust out and find a better way to seal it on reinstall to prevent dust from getting back there again.

Love:The SH-AWD, VTEC and reasonable sporty suspension.

Hate: Assembly is so sloppy I can't believe it is a Honda. The leather is not legitimate. The panel gaps, trim gaps are comical in some spots.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This video shows how to get the panels off:
https://youtu.be/xbtEvy3wjeU

Be sure to pull straight out, or you'll risk breaking off the clips, they're fairly snug.

As for the lens itself, it's super easy. Once the trim panels are removed, there are (4) screws holding the stereo assembly in place. Be sure you have the security code to the radio before disconnecting any harnesses from it. The stereo has 5 molex plugs, and the climate controls have 2 molex plugs. Each plug is unique, so you don't need to worry about identifying each one when you remove them. Once the unit is disconnected from the vehicle, the climate controls are attached to the assembly by (4) black screws. Removing the screws will allow you to separate the climate control panel from the stereo bracket/assembly. The lens is simply in place via small clips along the edges, without any glue or adhesive. (Hence the dust behind so many peoples' lenses, eh? :p) Simply use a small flat blade screwdriver to unclip the lens.

Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had dust, as well, in my 2011 and was able to suck a lot of it out by sealing around buttons and bezel and then was able to vacuum most of it out. I moved a "gap" around the bezel by moving the painters tape. My vacuum has a rubber hose end and I was able to get a good seal. Anyway, worked well enough for my needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts