Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sticker on it says XBZ-002. We purchased this used on Saturday from a dealership and to our embarrassment, didn’t notice this speaker looking device hanging from the third row drivers side. We’ve googled it to no answer. Thought I might check in with the forum to see if anyone has any experience with something similar looking on theirs. Ours is a 2015 MDX-SH with technology pkg. thanks so much! Martin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Looks like an aftermarket tweeter. That wiring does not look like something Acura would use. Also that panel is not pushed in, correctly -- probably because the wiring is preventing it from going back together, properly.

That is quite odd.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind other than “something after market” is the speaker that beeps when the doors open and when the rear tailgate opens and closes.

Does it make any sounds / noises?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
the speaker that beeps when the doors open and when the rear tailgate opens and closes.
The tailgate beeper is located around the rear bumper area.

Since I'm sure you don't want to leave that speaker dangling there, take the panel apart and follow the wiring back to where it connects to see what was done.

Better yet, take it back to the dealership you purchased it from and request that they correct this. Make sure you pay very close attention to the sound system afterwards to make sure you have sound from every location that should have sound - i.e. make sure they don't just snip it out and end up with some of the factory speakers disconnected. Compare it with another 2014/2015 Tech on the lot if you need to to make sure the sound is right. This assumes this is a reputable dealer.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I agree that looks like a very haphazard installation of an aftermarket tweeter. It may be part of a "component" set that was installed in the rear doors. Only one side? Set the fader all the way to the back and see if there is sound from the factory "satellite" speakers in the upper rear corners of the interior.

Taking off that panel may be harder than you expect. If you haven't messed with DIY audio before, it may be best to let the dealer deal with it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I believe some sinister organization has bugged your vehicle. The folks were not very bright to leave the bug in such an obvious location. Or were they smart enough to disguise it as a speaker???

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
That took a minute. You are thinking that little dangling speaker might emit the audible alert from an aftermarket parking sensor system? Interesting idea.
I had after market sensors installed on my old Lexus. By a Lexus dealer. They installed a little speaker on the side in back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts