Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local scrap yard had a pull your own parts special so I wound up with an OEM set of fender flares. I stripped them down and used a 3M kit to replace all the mounting tabs, puttied, primed, and painted them and now they look brand new. Does anyone have a video on how to install these things?

·
Premium Member
2004 Acura MDX Touring w/ RES & NAV
575 Posts
WOW, I’m blown away that you found a set!! I’ve been looking for them and the OEM front bully bar for 10 years!!! I would try calling your local Acura dealer and asking if you could have them make you a copy from the “workshop manual”. If they say yes ask to pick it up in person and throw’em a $20.00 Amazon gift card (or something). I can’t tell you how that trick has gotten me some awesome info after the exchange.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually found online instructions on how to install them, it was certainly an accidental find though.
OEM Fender Flare Installation Instructions
Once I figured out that I was stuck with Satan's old MDX I started slowly replacing things to keep it running as well as I could. I live like 8 miles from a salvage yard (LKQ) so I opened an account and put in a search alert for all the MDX models that cross over to mine (2001-2006). I try to steer clear of most used parts but you can't really beat the prices on some things. They just happened to have a wrecked MDX come in with fender flares and the next weekend was 30% off all you pull parts.

·
Premium Member
2004 Acura MDX Touring w/ RES & NAV
575 Posts
WOW, LIving near LKQ? That place is a great resource to use (let alone live near!), to help keep your ride going. I’ve bought a few parts from them over the years myself.
“Satan’s MDX!”
😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts