Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife says like once a month(something hard to prove to dealers), while stepping on gas steadily and lightly mostly on freeways, that the gas appears to let off(meaning like you stepped off of the gas pedal when you really didnt)...then a second later it will catch again...has anybody else had this problem?...sounds like a fuel injector prob right?...has the MDX had fuel injector probs?

BTW, just got my 6000K ultinon kit and look great. Got rid of the 7500K pure blue cheesy look. Now its white with faint purple hue. Got it really cheap on group buy. The kit is Japanese but the bulbs appear to be real Philips ultinons with Philips ballasts.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I can not recall reading about any posts concerning a fuel injector problem since I have been participating on the forum

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
mact3333 said:
Wife says like once a month(something hard to prove to dealers), while stepping on gas steadily and lightly mostly on freeways, that the gas appears to let off(meaning like you stepped off of the gas pedal when you really didnt)...then a second later it will catch again...has anybody else had this problem?...sounds like a fuel injector prob right?...has the MDX had fuel injector probs?

BTW, just got my 6000K ultinon kit and look great. Got rid of the 7500K pure blue cheesy look. Now its white with faint purple hue. Got it really cheap on group buy. The kit is Japanese but the bulbs appear to be real Philips ultinons with Philips ballasts.
An injection problem is not likely to be that random or infrequent. A throttle position sensor is more likely, but problems like this need to analyzed in detail. Is the vehicle warmed up or cold when it does occur? During warm or cold weather? Does it only happen within a specific speed range? Just after filling the tank, or near empty? etc. etc....the more info provided the easier to diagnose.

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
What year is your X...perhaps something with the drive by wire?

·
Registered
73 Posts
mact3333,

What year model do you have? From what I can tell in your previous posts, you have an 02 right?

~waylan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wish i could give more detail but i dont have any.

have a 02' MDX...tried to get more detail from wife but the answers seem to be a consistent "huh?"...:)....it does happen while car is warming up(first 5 minutes of driving)...guess i will have to pay more attention and perhaps it will happen when im driving...will prob take it in to dealership when it hits 15K for the service and ask them about it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cold Start Engine Surging?

Ah... sounds like she may be talking about the characteristic warmup throttle fluctuation? This has been discussed here:

"Cold Start Engine Surging"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts