Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They show a factory style rear spoiler for the 2003 including a factory paint match for around $245. Anyone seen one of them in person or had any experience with this company?

linky

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic from their site:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Looks like a good deal. Price is similar to ebay vendor trimking1. Havent dealt or heard from spoilerdirect.com though.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Wow, that is GOOD deal. With unpainted one, it is only $154.
or $91 extra with the painted one.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
vincliu said:
It is very good deal. Cheaper than Tim, hondacuraworld.com.
Tim, can you beat that price.
Why would Tim want to beat a price on a non-OEM accessory?

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck. . .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanx, for that valuable information!!!

I just ordered on for my 2003 white MDX, $270.00 for spoiler painted and shipping. I noticed that it had a Bright LED Brake Light incorporated into this Spoiler. Does the Acura acessory OEM have one???? If not, what a Steal this one is!! I noticed on Hondaacuraworld's website that the spoiler's PDF instruction doesn't mention hooking up any Brake light for the spoiler!!?? I'll let you know how it goes after I put it on....,:2:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Thanx, for that valuable information!!!

pacemanetn said:
I just ordered on for my 2003 white MDX, $270.00 for spoiler painted and shipping. I noticed that it had a Bright LED Brake Light incorporated into this Spoiler. Does the Acura acessory OEM have one???? If not, what a Steal this one is!! I noticed on Hondaacuraworld's website that the spoiler's PDF instruction doesn't mention hooking up any Brake light for the spoiler!!?? I'll let you know how it goes after I put it on....,:2:
Nice. Please post pics! I'd like to see how the brake light version looks. :4:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: So, is it true that the OEM Acura version

pacemanetn said:
doesn't have the built in Brake Light?????
The Acura OEM spoiler does NOT have a built in brake light.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So the OEM spoiler doesn't have a Brake Light and

they want approx. $500.00 list for spoiler and Painted for Oem?? Jeez, I'm glad I chose the Spoilerdepot.come one..:eek:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm looking forward to hearing your report once you get it in. BTW, if you do return a spoiler to this company, there is a 20% restocking fee (I really hate that) and the cost of the paint job is not refundable (reasonable).

The support info is at this linky .

·
Registered
671 Posts
Those are some scary low prices -- I'd be very interested in what actual purchasers have to say about quality, etc. I would consider getting one for my X, and I also have a '99 Integra that might look nice with the 'Type R' spoiler, but the prices are so low that I'm skeptical!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe, it's so low because it's direct from the manufacturer

with no middlemen. That's what Capitalism is all all about. I'll glady take my chances and the Brakelight Tooo, Thankya:D I understand this concept well since I'm a Salesman or middleman myself..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did a quick google search and I found about 10 enthusiast sites with links to spoilerdepot.com and a few pics of cars that have them installed.

BTW, I found this link on edmunds today (posted by someone else).

This company seems to have the same product for the MDX (same basic picture used) linky .

·
3,109 Posts
laborlitigator said:
If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck. . .
"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."

...sorry thats not it. :2:

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

It could be one of those you see around on cars, which have cracked-up and peeling paint, and have faded quicker than the car itself.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is the search I did on Google. There weren't much of any comments, just links and a few pics. Here is the to google.link

·
Registered
28 Posts
Zafer,

I could post another ole' saying to retort that. But, what's the sense? When I ordered it, it had the paint code that matched mine. I bet, they prime them before hand, as well. We'll investigate the other owners as well. Stop, being a Doubting Thomas until proven otherwise. It's not rocket science put into a common spoiler. If they were sellng a V-Tech engine I would raise my Eyebrow than..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts