Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the infamous engine chirping sound 4 times so far. First time, they "fixed it". Second time they "adjusted a pully". Third time, they told me it's because of a belt and it's not covered under warranty. Now its back gain, for the 4th time! I'm scheduled to take in on Tuesday. WTF!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Maybe its the 'other' chirp? (high pressure fuel pump). Rattles, chirps, ticking, and squeaking are vehicle noises that I absolutely despise and our MDX delivers its share of chirps and rattles. Acura really needs to up it's game to correct unacceptable NVH levels.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Another source of chirping is the rear HVAC. When you hear chirping, click on the rear temp on the lower screen and then turn it off. That makes my chirp go away. I haven't had it addressed, as I am out of warranty.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Another source of chirping is the rear HVAC. When you hear chirping, click on the rear temp on the lower screen and then turn it off. That makes my chirp go away. I haven't had it addressed, as I am out of warranty.
i have the same issue with rear fan, 2014 Advance, also, my friend's 2014 Tech have same issue. both of us are out of warranty.

i'll just leave the rear vent off, or else it will drive me crazy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I think it maybe the fuel pump and they are trying everything else before caving in and fixing the issue. I have my appointment to take it in on Tuesday. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do a Google search for "Honda fan motor chirps". Even some videos to help you ID the problem. You might be able to put a drop of lube on the blower shaft bushings and fix your problem for "free" assuming you have some light oil at your house.

Perhaps the dealer likes to "not find the problem" b/c they are billing someone for the hours.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can you post a clear video of this "chirp" noise? I'd like to help you out.

Are you still under warranty?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yours sounds like a defect in the accessory drive belt (fan belt as it used to be called). Each time it hits one of the pulleys I squeaks.

This is the fuel pump chirp -

1 - 12 of 12 Posts