Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going down to Houston in a few weeks for business (from Dallas). I am going to continue on to Galveston for a few days ( my six year old wants to go to the beach). I am still in a lease on my 2000 QX-4 until December so can't have the MDX yet.

I had a wild idea. Maybe rent an MDX for an extended test drive. I am not sure if anybody rents them. The regular rental companies stick with the domestic SUV's (Durango, Jeep, Blazer). NO thanks I will pass on those (would hate for that Jeep to blow an engine 100 miles out of town). I emailed the exotic rental company in Dallas but they probably have Hummers and Boxsters.

Has anyone ever heard of renting a MDX .... if so, where?:confused:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
That's a great idea....

......I would also love to rent an MDX for 2 or 3 days for a sort of extended test drive, but I seriously doubt that anyone's gonna have one for rent, especially with the short supply situtation etc.

......but if anyone knows of a place I'd also love to hear where I could get my hands on one!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
This info may be a little dated but I can tell you that I tried multiple sources, including Hertz Prestige, to rent an MDX while in different cities but did not have any luck. I think this may be due to two reasons:

1.) The MDX is still relatively difficult to get so Honda / Acura are not willing to drop the price for the fleet market.

2.) Most big car rental companies still favor domestic US vechicles.

Hopefully, we will see some MDX's available for rental in the future.

JPOW

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Hertz Car Sales in Medford Oregon had a 2001 MDX, Canadian, 18000 miles, for sale. Before I saw it and took it for a test drive 2 months ago I did not know what a MDX was. Liked it so much that I bought a new one. I think that was a rental car, not sure. Perhaps you can rent one in Canada?

By the way they were asking $39995 for this X, a Touring w/o Navigation. The only accessory it had was a hood air deflector. They told me that a new one would cost $5000 to $7000 more and I would have to wait for over 4 months to get one. Don't you just love used car salesmen.:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts