Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i'm curious if anyone has ever ran a 255/55/19 on their Advance wheels, i know the stock size is 255/50/19 which is what i have currently? Yes i've searched and searched and nothing about this size i could find in the forums. Everyone talks about 275/45/19, 285/45/19, etc...I don't need anything WIDER, i just want a tiny bit taller sidewall. My question is will this size fit without any rubbing in the wheel wells? Hoping somebody has tried this. I did the tire calculations on discounttiresdirects website to see the difference and it seems it MAY fit but hoping for some real life attempts.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
When I went to buy tires for my 11 Advance last summer, the local Firestone store had four Falkens in size 245/55/19 that had been special ordered and sitting in the store for over a year that they offered at $50 each. I bought them given the price, they had received a good rating, and I may not have the MDX that long. They checked wheel well before installing to ensure adequate room. The tires have been fine (I have about 10k mi on them), and I have had no issues, including with the height.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great thanks for the heads up, I have been looking around at different sized, i think i'm gonna go with the 275/45/19 when i need to tires, won't be for a while but i'm really diggin the Continental extreme contact DWS06. It seems to have stellar reviews and great for all season performance which is what i need living in the midwest and all the changing seasons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts