Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 mdx has had infotainment failures since day 3. Intermittent failure of both screens even when phone not connected or in car. Acura couldn’t diagnose nor fix, told me it was a problem with my iPhone, tried their tech services and customer relations but they did nothing.I wanted to replace a new one, but they said the price was too high and I had to give it up, which made me very frustrated. i finally found Ai Box wireless carPlay adapter dongle - convert my carplay to Android system.In this way I not only upgraded the wireless carplay but also have an Android system.It has worked great for me every time. Haven't had an issue so far. Never thought I would like that feature so much, but it is one of my favorites.

Mobile phone Communication Device Mobile device Telephony Portable communications device
Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design Car
Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant Car Steering wheel

·
Super Moderator
2,341 Posts
I only had CarPlay issue during the initial iOS 13 rollout. Were you using OEM Apple cable or 3rd party? I am not sure what do you mean "Convert my CarPlay to Android system". Did you just add a Wireless CarPlay adapter, which is running on android OS?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have an iphone 12 Pro and had issues connecting that apparently was a poor cable. I now use a higher quality cable (not Apple) and no longer have issues. I am considering a wireless adapter from the same manufacturer, the Carlink 3.0.

My issue is where to put the phone. I currently mount it on a vent, but that blocks the vent. I need the cup holder for beverages and don't want to attach a mounting bracket to the dash. So I am thinking about the wireless adapter and just lay the phone on the console.

·
Registered
2018 MDX Advance SH-AWD Black Copper Pearl/Espresso
173 Posts
If all you did was change the connection between your phone and the car (e.g. different cable or adapter), then the problem was not with the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an iphone 12 Pro and had issues connecting that apparently was a poor cable. I now use a higher quality cable (not Apple) and no longer have issues. I am considering a wireless adapter from the same manufacturer, the Carlink 3.0.

My issue is where to put the phone. I currently mount it on a vent, but that blocks the vent. I need the cup holder for beverages and don't want to attach a mounting bracket to the dash. So I am thinking about the wireless adapter and just lay the phone on the console.
It may be the fault of the cable, then I wronged my car. But I've heard a lot of people say it's a problem with IOS.

The wireless carplay adapter is really a good choice, I like this brand carlinkit now."NEW15 "This is the 15% discount coupon.If you buy it, please share your experience with me. I also want to buy one for my wife's Mercedes.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It may be the fault of the cable, then I wronged my car. But I've heard a lot of people say it's a problem with IOS.

The wireless carplay adapter is really a good choice, I like this brand carlinkit now."NEW15 "This is the 15% discount coupon.If you buy it, please share your experience with me. I also want to buy one for my wife's Mercedes.
I ended up ordering the Carlink 4.0. Will report back on ease of installation and performance when received. Several on the Mercedes forum use Carlink 4.0 or 3.0 with no issues. Unfortunately for me, my 2015 S550 does not have Carplay so no help there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also want a wireless carplay adapter, How about a link?
I bought the wireless carplay adapter from the link of this post
When I got it, I thought it was really worth my money. The setup is easy and the re-connection is pretty fast, plug and play. This is really convenient and the price is also reasonable. I recomend it.
Overall, this adapter is worthy and the performance is still OK. It works well with my car, no issues so far. I hope that it also can meet your expectations. Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up ordering the Carlink 4.0. Will report back on ease of installation and performance when received. Several on the Mercedes forum use Carlink 4.0 or 3.0 with no issues. Unfortunately for me, my 2015 S550 does not have Carplay so no help there.
Have you received your carlinkit 4.0? I also want to upgrade my wife's 718 wireless carplay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Have you received your carlinkit 4.0? I also want to upgrade my wife's 718 wireless carplay.
I have not, and am getting a little concerned. I ordered from the link above in this thread (carlinkitlife.com) after seeing the same logo on the Mercedes forum. However, I now see in a thread that the site on that forum is carlinkitcarplay.com. There are some comments on that forum of folks ordering, receiving confirmation of shipping, but never receiving the device. Maybe there are even more sites?? These are from China, so there you go!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have not, and am getting a little concerned. I ordered from the link above in this thread (carlinkitlife.com) after seeing the same logo on the Mercedes forum. However, I now see in a thread that the site on that forum is carlinkitcarplay.com. There are some comments on that forum of folks ordering, receiving confirmation of shipping, but never receiving the device. Maybe there are even more sites?? These are from China, so there you go!
Don't worry, my Aibox(from carlinkitlife.com) was delivered within a week.If you don't receive it, you can consult their service support.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Received the 4.0 yesterday. Device is smaller than I thought (dimensions in metric on website), which is good. Install took less than a minute. Booted up fine this morning when I started the MDX. So far, so good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts