Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone used the Costco Auto Program to buy their MDX and whether it yielded better results than not using it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried it as well. The Costco Acura dealer for the Seattle area is in Bellevue but due to high demand the MDX is not included.

·
Registered
5 Posts
zspen, although not through Costco, I was able to get a pretty good deal on my '03 tour/nav with Seattle Acura, internet salesman-Aaron. I also went in on Nov 30th at 6pm. Last day of the month and 1 hr. before closing.

I didn't have any luck with the Costco thing either.

-Anne

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I thought it probably was long shot with a popular vehicle like the MDX, but worth finding out anyway.

Travelanne, when you say that you got a "pretty good deal", are you suggesting that you were able to get it for less than MSRP or did you get accessories thrown in for no cost? That is good to know about Acura of Seattle since I am on the eastside and they are a possible dealer for me (although I have used Bellevue for my other Acura autos).

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I did. Didn't get the best deal, but never need to spend too much time for negotiation. I got $300 of accessories/msrp + no processing fee.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
The thing that really is MESSED UP with program(s)...

...like Costco or ANY other service is that they don't really do anything other than enrich the 'middleman'.

In theory these kind of programs SHOULD make the job of selling vehicle easier, so that a dealership could make more money in less time.

The dealerships DO NOT use them in that manner. They tend to treat the customers that get "directed" to 'em just a bit better than the tire kickers that waltz into the showroom.

WHY BOTHER?

I can call/send an email to dealers on my own. The "middlemen" who run AutoByTel, PriceLine, the 'Costco deal' and such programs CHARGE the dealers a fee. That fee would only make sense IF they had enough vehicles to make up with FAST sales & HIGH VOLUME, that doesn't happen with MOST vehicles!

Suppose I am shopping for even a "budgety" Civic, Corolla, Sentra, Cavalier. Can a dealership REALLY justify giving "best price" deals to 'prequalified Costco (or other 'plan') buyers'? Heck no. There is not enough FAT built into those vehicles' prices to justify giving folks a "secret price".

Frankly, the "Baranco Group Buy" is WAY MORE effective for BOTH buyers & dealers. Let's hope that MORE dealers can see it makes a TON of sense to pre-negoititate with a big group of buyers for NO MIDDLEMAN FEE. We could eventually broker an "acuramdx.org fleet discount" for ANYBODY smart enough to read-up BEFORE they blow their cash!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts