Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about this b/c the tires are A LOT cheaper. Anybody have tried these kind of tires? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like it would be 2.1% larger in diameter than OE size. I think as long as all four tires are the same size, you shouldn't damage anything.

Your speedometer will read slightly slower than actual speed.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am using 235 65 18 winter tires on a 2013 MDX Elite. They were originally on a Honda Pilot. The handling is noticably less crisp than the original 19 inch all season tires. That could be from the higher sidewall or just because they are Toyo tires (Consumer Reports rate them fair on handling). I doubt you would notice much difference if those 60 series are high quality tires.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I actually am thinking using a wheel that generates smaller overall diameter. This way I can get more miles on the odometer (I have very few miles now.) and the acceleration should be slightly better, correct?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The tire size you posted is slightly larger diameter than original according to one of the replies, but fit on the standard wheel size. If you go to smaller wheels you have to check for correct offset and clearance to the brakes. I don't see any advantage if those tires you were considering are cheaper than the original size. Why buy new wheels? The difference in acceleration would be unnoticeable unless the tire size was so small the exhaust was hitting the pavement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts