Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As said in a previous post, I am really fed up with the factory battery terminals. They don't work well for me. Thinking about replace them with a set of really big and beefy terminals. Those terminals will sit flat on top of the battery and have screws on the side, perpendicular to the battery. It will be much easier to work with. However, there is an inconvenience. The battery cables that our MDX's come with are pretty short, barely enough to reach the battery. So I am very hesitant to cut the terminal off and strip more wires. The best solution to me is to remove the terminal from the already stripped wires. But this seems to be pretty hard. The terminal end is clamped very tightly onto the wires.

So if anybody can think of a way or a tool to effortlessly separate the wires from the battery terminals, it would help a lot. Of course, if somebody can recommend a good wire cutter or stripper and a good replacement battery terminal, it would be even better. Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you have over tightened your battery terminal it could lead to a poor connection. The cure is to get a battery post cap (around $5 a pair) to give the post a larger diameter. There is little or no benefit to going to the trouble of replacing terminals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts