Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very low mileage 2003 MDX, 79,000 miles so far. About one and half years ago, I noticed the car could not move when in D4 coming from a stop. The transmission oil was replaced by the dealership, and it seemed to solve the problem. But I notice it came back again after a year. I would not believe the engine is failing at such a low mileage. Has anybody got the similar experience and solution? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What does can't move from a stop mean? Does the engine not rev up at all as cars do when they move from a stop, it stays at idle speed regardless of gas pedal?

Does it rev up a little, but struggle to move forward?

Or does it rev up fine, but the car doesn't move forward at all?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine idle at the stop sign even after release the break. If I step on the gas, RPM rev up but the car not moving at all. I need to put the car back into the park gear then re-engage the D4 or D3. It really bothers me because the car behind me would hong.

·
Registered
23 Posts

As I mention in the above post, I owned a 2003 MDX Touring that would come out of gear after coming to a full stop. By placing the gear shift into park then returning it to D5 the mdx transmission would reengage. My family and I drove this vehicle like this for another 70,000 miles before finally trading it in to the Acura dealer.

You can attempt to resurrect the transmission by frequently changing the transmission fluid but that’s not guaranteed (search “drain and fill”). Your tranny is dying. Sorry. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts