Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

just got the factory reverse sensors put on my mdx. does anyone know whether or not u can adjust the distance sensitivity. the factory setting is set at 2 feet for the long beep, but i already know when i'm 2 feet away!!! I got it cause i wanted to know when im like 6 inches away from another car, not 2 feet!!!:mad: Instructions don't mention anything about adjusting the sensors.
any help would be great!:D

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
It does not seem much different than the various after-market units, and they are not adjustable, other than moving the sensors around a bit. But yours should be optimally located.
I usually am stopping about 1.5 to 2 feet when my indicator shows that. Most the after-markets have a digital indicator as well as pings that get solid as you get real close. I forget the exact distance the tone gets solid. I don't think I want to be as close as 6" before the solid tone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks DaleB,

i just didn't want to go with the after market one's cause they're just glued on somewhere where people can just rip them off.

I like stuff to look smooth on my X, like they were meant to be there:D

But it would've been nice to be able to adjust the distance abit, just alittle disappointing for a 1000 dollar accessory.

oh well, too late now:eek: gonna have to live with it for now!

thanks dale:D

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
donut said:
thanks DaleB,

i just didn't want to go with the after market one's cause they're just glued on somewhere where people can just rip them off.

I like stuff to look smooth on my X, like they were meant to be there:D

But it would've been nice to be able to adjust the distance abit, just alittle disappointing for a 1000 dollar accessory.

oh well, too late now:eek: gonna have to live with it for now!

thanks dale:D

I understand, I will likely replace what I have with a camera in the long run. But they have saved my bacon before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately they don't sell back up camera's over here in canada, or else I would have bought it instead:(

Can't believe the mdx is made in canada!!!:confused:

No navigation, no back up camera, no color screen and no dvd options!!!:3:

some of the main features that would make me totally love my X!!:4:

oh well, gotta live with what we got!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
donut said:
... i just didn't want to go with the after market one's cause they're just glued on somewhere where people can just rip them off.
I did not think this was a factory option but rather a dealer installed accessory. So how/where is it attached to your MDX that's different from the aftermarket versions? What kind of distance indicator (tone, digital readout, voice) does it have?

donut said:
... But it would've been nice to be able to adjust the distance abit, just alittle disappointing for a 1000 dollar accessory.
:eek: WOW!!! $1,000 sounds excessive, considering that several aftermarket units provide the same (or better) functionality and cost around $100 or less. Personally, I do not think it is a worth while expenditure just to have it "look smooth" on your MDX without providing any additional functionality.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey mgmdx,

unfortunately, it is a dealer installed accessory, not a factory option. It's drilled in the bumper, like the bmw sensors(only not as good looking) 1 in each corner and 2 in the middle.
the corner sensors :slow intermittent beeps within 60 cm
quick intermittent beeps within 45 cm
continuous beep within 30 cm

the center sensors: slow intermittent beeps within 180cm
quick intermittent beeps within 120cm
continuous beep within 60 cm

I honestly don't know what the difference is from the after market one's except that these ones r actually drilled straight into the bumper(which i really wanted, instead of stuck on the outside of the vehicle). I don't know if the american version is any different from the canadian version, cause u guys have the color screen and navigation in your X's. Don't know if it is hooked up to your navi screen so u can see the distance left.

yep, it is excessive!:mad: I paid 947 canadian after installation:3: that's with 15% discount.
but i never checked to see what the diff is on the aftermarket one's(STUPID ME:3: )

one of the reason's i got the sensors was so i didn't trade in my X for the 2003(the ride is so much better)!

I was so close, but decided....if i have too many accessories, it wouldn't be worth it to trade it in...so i added the sensors....now im stuck with 2002 for a few more years. dumb logic(yes) but it worked:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts