Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody

I'm close to getting my Redrock 'X' and wanted to know if anybody had bought from Acura by Executive in North Haven, CT. Wanted to ask if the experience is ok and there's no surprises compared to what the others are getting. Well, I'm buying this out-of-state from NJ so I really don't want to be surprised with extra costs later on when I drive there.

Really can't wait to get our first SUV. The excitement is killing me! :2:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Let me get this straight. You live in NJ and have bought a redrock X here in CT. Is that correct?

I live here in CT and am waiting on a redrock X from a dealer in NY. I am sure there is someone out there from NY that is buying one in NJ. Kind of weird, don't you think?

Executive is a large auto group here in CT and I bought a CRV from them a couple of years ago in Hartford. They are not known to be the best to work with (very high presure and high volume), but they were fair to me on a car they had on the lot. Not sure about the Acura dealer.

I did talk to them several times when we were looking. I think there is a Conveyance Fee they charge that is a bit high. Be a little careful. Try to get them to give you as much info before you come up. Also, check the dealer ratings.

My redrock X is expected the end of next week. We should find out if they were built together.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JacyCT

That's really ironic. I have to go to CT to get my Redrock X and you have to go NY to get yours. We could have easily just traded our Xs and save the travel. :)

My X is due pickup this Saturday. I have to drive 2 hours so I'm trying to make sure everything is laid out like prices, options before I go.

If you don't mind, can you tell me how much they were charging you for the conveyance fee? So far, negotiations are going pretty well. Some of the prices I got quoted for options are below what the others have mentioned on the forum like window etching was $189 while others was $199 and the entertainment was $1500+ compared to $2000 I got quoted from a NJ dealer. So I never did hunched anything yet. But I'll make sure I ask about that fee you just mentioned. I'm pretty sure, our X's are not that far behind in the manufacturing line. :D

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
81 Posts
How long have you had your order in and how did you end up buying it in CT? We ended up in NY (Wappinger Falls) through the internet. Everyone in CT said that is would take 3 to 4 months. NY said by the end of July, so we went with them. A couple of dealers called with other colors or more expensive models, but we wanted a Base in Redrock Pearl with no options (or maybe just a roof rack, still deciding). NY is charging us MSRP with no options required. Also they are going to deliver it to us and get it registered. We will see.

If I remember, the conveyance fee is $300. They may try to tell you it is non-negoiable or it is a standard amount that everyone charges. Don't believe them and get it in writing. Good luck with your negoiations.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? Well, I got the info that they have them in stock on ebay. They had an auction listed that they have on stock but when I called they were bought already. That was around June 21 if I remember. They actually mentioned a new delivery 1st week of July and so I reserved it. They said they were expecting a Redrock with Tour/Navi, Black with Touring and a base Silver. Mine arrived July 8th. I guess my fault is I didnt bother looking at NY dealers first. We really need a new vehicle asap and NJ dealers were also giving me a 3-4 months wait.
If I'm not mistaken, I was kind of charged a documentation fee of 299. I guess that was the conveyance fee that they must be charging. I already knew of that when I checked the auction. It was stated as part of their fees. I can live with it as long as that's the last thing that will be added.

Thanks and hope you get a smooth transaction with your X as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That is probably it, a document fee. It is interesting to hear that you found them on ebay in June. I talked with them several times in June and told them what I was interested in. They never said they had a silver base coming in. They did call me about a black one, but that was it. I really wonder about these dealers. I remember talking to the sales manager and he said one thing and their internet salesman said something else. Who over there are you dealing with? I talked to Nelson, I think. Can't remember who else. Again, good luck. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the info. Need to get going but will check it out further later. Again good lck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem. And again, thanks for the heads up! I'll post pics as soon as I get mine and shout it to the whole world! :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
CT dealer

I live in Brooklyn and traveled 1/2 to 2 hrs to Connecticut get my MDX at Morande Acura. Got a Touring for sticker and payed very good prices for wood wheel-480, tow package-680, wood shifter-80, wood instrument-80?
plus i got the cargo cover, mud flaps and a couple of other minor things thrown in for free.
Jerry Cantana was the dealer, and he was super.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a very good deal! I need to polish my negotiation skills now so I can get a few feebies myself! :7:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
voltes said:
That's a very good deal! I need to polish my negotiation skills now so I can get a few feebies myself! :7:
Easy, call up your sales guy, and tell him you JUST got a call from the otehr (local) dealer you had a deposit with, and he said there is an MDX coming for you in 2 weeks- "He offered me a free cargo cover, wheel flaps, etc etc" if I would hold off and buy his...I don't know, it is tempting, but I do want it right away..... can you guys do anything?"

of course, you could pull the 'gee, maybe I'll wait for a 2003' trick...

Good luck

Ard

·
Registered
81 Posts
Larryhot13 - You drove all the way from Brooklyn to Berlin, CT to get your MDX. That has got to be at least 2 hours without any traffic. WOW. We did not buy there because the wait was too long and they weren't willing to do any deals.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmm

Why is it that I'm having this feeling that some CT dealers prefer to sell their X's to out of state buyers? :8:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts