Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So as some of you may know, I have a Bluetooth audio streaming kit installed in my 08. Works great (it is a USA Spec BT45-HON3, which is the Canadian equivalent of BT45-ACU which all our US friends should use since it supports Live Traffic on Navi). The kit installs into the XM Tuner in the trunk via a splitter cable. No problem there.

Anyway, kit works great and I have enjoyed listening to my music, preaching sermons, YouTube audio, etc.

However, despite the fact that XM is now more or less disabled due to the Bluetooth taking precedence, I still see, either on my audio display or on the navi display, the XM ads, and it drives me bonkers and really cheapens the car experience... "SAVE NOW!" "CALL 1-844-XXX-XXX", "GREAT OFFERS" I mean, it looks like some cheap infomercial. Even when it displays the music artist/song that I play, there is still some XM preview info that shows on the navi screen (ie. what song is being played on the XM radio at the moment as well). Is there any way to get rid of these ads? I have no desire to subscribe to XM Radio, and the connector is being used for the Bluetooth audio. But surely these messages aren't built into the unit - anyone have any idea on whether it is possible to disable these messages/ads, but not disable the entire XM Tuner, which I need to make the bluetooth streaming work?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
disconnect the XM antenna from the unit so XM can't send it data, but the bluetooth module can...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have driven mostly German cars for the last 20 years, so this is my first Asian built car. 2008 MDX; I'd like to raise the hieght by about 3", and use a taller sidewall tire. My line of work requires me to drive some very rough gravel, dirt and sand routes. I sometimes don't have the tire or suspension clearance. Any advice on this??

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Not the vehicle for that kind of mods.. There aren't any lift kits since the rear has a separate spring and shock setup it's pretty hard to do but The front could be doable using a custom bracket for the front McPherson Strut. You can upsize the tire but you will have to live with the ride height.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This is perfect. How do i disconnect it and where is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
should be in the trunk area where you plugged in the bluetooth unit.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
should be in the trunk area where you plugged in the bluetooth unit.
If that is the case, it must be the smaller cable connecting to the XM unit. There is a large thicker white cable with a rectangular connector which was plugged into the USA Spec unit via splitter, but then there is a smaller square type cable, much thinner at the right side. I thought that this was the power cable, but maybe it's the antenna. Guess it won't hurt to unplug it and see what happens.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can confirm that the XM antenna connector is the smaller square connector cable on the right side of the XM unit. Once that is unplugged, when the car starts it will say "antenna" on the XM display on car startup but then after that will disappear for a bit but periodically on the screen it will say check antenna. That I can handle. More importantly the XM ads on the display are permanently gone.

Thanks again, everyone for your assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have driven mostly German cars for the last 20 years, so this is my first Asian built car. 2008 MDX; I'd like to raise the hieght by about 3", and use a taller sidewall tire. My line of work requires me to drive some very rough gravel, dirt and sand routes. I sometimes don't have the tire or suspension clearance. Any advice on this??
no offense, but wow your very 1ST post really comes 'out from left field'- totally unrelated to the original message board inquiry!! it also raises some interesting questions-

1.) Why not just unload the '08 MDX and then buy a new Jeep?!
2.) what do you do for a living- are you a crocodile hunter?!!! :surprise:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts