Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to see this car. I thought it was going to be revieled the same time as the MBP, which we have all seen now. Anyone seen it?:1:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Do a search...while none of the pictures are of SBP MDX's, there are many pictures of SBP Pilot's and Odyssey's that have already been posted many times here. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, but I want to see the MDX :)

Kind of looking forward to the real deal. Want to see the interior, heard it is two toned.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Murray, Just yesterday, Isaw, in person, a Sagebrush Pearl....

........Odyssey and then later a Honda Pilot, to be sure I'm making the right choice in color. It's actually a LOT DARKER and more "greyish" than "greenish" than what all the pictures depict (and what I had expected)........Anyhow, it still looked real nice (especially on the Pilot) ........a very rare metallic-grey with "hints" of green when seen during the day!.....overall a real beautiful color

No dealer here in the Southern California area has a Sagebrush MDX yet. They said, the earliest they would have one to look at would be 1st week of December.

·
Registered
570 Posts
there are pics here of Pilot Sage Brush Pearl/ Quartz interior........but I'm w/ you. I want to see this on a MDX in person!!
It has got to be beautiful. Love that greyish/ darker colors, esp. in a PEARL that changes tints :2: :eek: :4:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vicapi

There is another post where someone just got one, he is going to try to borrow a camera tonight to post pics.... I can't wait.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just ordered a Sage Brush Pearl and would love to see it on the real deal. My preference was the blue or silver, but did not want to wait for the allocation in that color. It looks like a very rich color, but I hope it is not too dark. I've seen the silver and blue on the MDX and they both look good.

I told the dealer to trade if there was an offer for silver or blue, but I'll also be happy with the SBP. Maybe it will move to 1st place when I actually see one.:p

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Didn't have my camera...

But the McGrath Acura Westmont got a shipment Saturaday (11/23) that included a SBP Tour/RES. We looked it in the sun. Renov8tress liked the exterior quite a bit ( too much green for me -- I have an unnatural aversion to green vehicles) BUT she was very disappointed in the interior. THe quartz leather looked very nice, perhaps a bit more upscale than the tan/beige, BUT she HATED the two tone portion of the dash & trim. SHe said it reminded her of the black/grey interiors of late 80's GMs (GrandAm, Berretta)...

IN OTHER NEWS:

The same dealer has "DIOed" the SS Touring/NAVI they got almost two weeks ago. It now has BSM and side steps and probably other profit fatteners UGH!

They also got in a MBP Touring/NAVI.

Several Toruing/RES.

Yet to see a Touring/Navi/RES...

Fewer BASE than Touring in general...

I tend to belive Vic is correct that sales are stagnant, my guess is price and competition my soon force dealers to rethink their crappy attitude.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm not so sure I'd like the two tone interior.

One reason I'm still partial to the black is a new detail that I'll bet shows up on the two tone interior also. While not a SBP, I looked at a Red Rock with camel at the dealer this weekend, and noted small (about 7mm diameter) plastic pegs or buttons (still in blackish grey) on each corner of the rear passenger seats and I found that little detail (or lack of attention to detail) less than satisfying.
:rolleyes: Yes - I am the unofficial Queen of details.
While I can't go check my '01 GG because she's gone to that great scrap heap in the sky, I don't seem to recall those button details on the seat and I wonder why they are there now.

Have any of you noticed them on your '02 or '03 interiors? I suspect they won't show up on the charcoal/black leather like they do on the lighter colors.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Photoshop...??

This would be a good idea, but it's speculation. I have the car on order and want to see this two tone business for myself. God I want to see this car. MBP is awesome, and really tempting as a second choice. Problem is, my dealer needs to know.... he won't take two deposits. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Vicapi

murray said:
There is another post where someone just got one, he is going to try to borrow a camera tonight to post pics.... I can't wait.
Well finally here is a picture. The color accuracy while not bad is not as good as my 35mm. These will have to do for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice pics allacura, but I still gota see this in person. Interior isn't that bad for 2 tone type. Ext. looks great. Love the Slate / grey w green tints from the pearl should be nice :eek:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Re: Vicapi

allacura said:

Well finally here is a picture. The color accuracy while not bad is not as good as my 35mm. These will have to do for now.
Very nice color! Congratulations!:4:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sage Brush sure does look nice. Can you post some more of the inside pictures? I would like to get a better look at the inside colors!
Hey, where in the world do you live? Damn those house are HUGE! Here in the bay area, those houses will easily go for 2-3 million bucks!
Nice looking car!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
From the looks of it.....

........I really like the exterior color. Everything I expected it to be. However the interior, well, that's another story......I don't think I'm too crazy about that two-tone look :( , (seems a little better in the other post, where pictures are more detailed).......Oh well, no turning back now. I guess I'll learn to live with it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Vicapi

mdxxxx said:

Very nice color! Congratulations!:4:
Thanks mdxxxx, I like it very much especially at night. It's surely different.

jkim357, I'm in the Toronto suburbs. Very affordable by Bay Area standards. Most of the houses have 3 garages but it's not enough for the guy across from me who has 4 cars including 2 Benzs and a Porsche Turbo. Now he's thinking of a 4x4 after seeing my X. There's one other X on the street but it's a very common silver. Follow this thread for some inside pictures taken at night: http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8587&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmmm

When I first saw the interior, I had the same "what is that" kind of reaction. Truth is, it's very different from our usual MDX. But you know what???? I think I like it! Today I looked at it and thought it was really cool. Is it really any worse then all blk or if you can imagine all Grey (that would be too much).

The outside, beautiful. Best color of the year, hands down in my book.

I have one of these on order because I love the outside. The only thing I wish Acura did was make the grey darker. If it was reallly dark, like granite, that would be so cool.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts