Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a 03 on the street??? In Vancouver, IT'S NOT EVEN AVAILABLE YET!!!!!!!!! Went to two dealers already and didn't see a THING:3:!!!!!!! That guy said he sold 20 2003 models in only three days (ya right!!!) !!!!!!!!!! Anyone seen an 03 in Vancouver???? If you did, please tell me, and if you know it's on sale in Vancouver right now, tell me, pleassssseeeeee :( .

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
To be honest with you, it's too hard to tell the difference

·
3,109 Posts
laborlitigator said:
To be honest with you, it's too hard to tell the difference
it is easy if you spot one from the rear; the larger chrome above the tag. ....or if its blue.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I saw a white '03 in SLC, Utah on Friday. The larger chrome on the rear caught my eye. Still had temporary tags.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Our local dealer has a Black '03 as a demo.
None on the road yet.

we now have five 2002's in our neighborhood...piss me off.

:3:

I was the second with one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2002 Acura MDX! said:
Has anyone seen a 03 on the street??? In Vancouver, IT'S NOT EVEN AVAILABLE YET!!!!!!!!! Went to two dealers already and didn't see a THING:3:!!!!!!! That guy said he sold 20 2003 models in only three days (ya right!!!) !!!!!!!!!! Anyone seen an 03 in Vancouver???? If you did, please tell me, and if you know it's on sale in Vancouver right now, tell me, pleassssseeeeee :( .
Burrard Acura has black and silver 03 Xs in stock already! I heard the next stocks will be midnight blue and slate grey, and if they are coming on schedule, it should be here sometime this or next week. In fact, I am waiting for my midnight blue to arrive too! If I get a call from my dealer, I'll let you know.

We saw the 03X by their parking lot next to SilverCity Richport, so I think it's in already. However, I haven't seen any on the road yet. It's easy to distinguish as the mexx of 03 are different than 02.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now they're everywhere!

When we were waiting to get ours, we almost NEVER saw MDXs here in the Bay Area. Now that we have our new '03, I see them all the time AND they all seem to be the same color! I like to think that's because they too have good taste! BTW, we are loving it and are only 45 break-in miles away from putting the pedal to the metal!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Now they're everywhere!

frankb3 said:
... I see them all the time AND they all seem to be the same color! I like to think that's because they too have good taste! ...
You got that right! :D :4: ;) :p

·
Registered
335 Posts
Still haven't seen an '03 out in the west 'burbs of Chicago (except the one I drove at the dealer), but have been seeing more and more 01/02's. Seems like I pass bunches every time I drive now...I think my wife is tired of hearing "There's one...not the new tailgate, must not be an '03" :D

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Any one seen 2003s on the street????

chillimouse said:

Burrard Acura has black and silver 03 Xs in stock already! I heard the next stocks will be midnight blue and slate grey, and if they are coming on schedule, it should be here sometime this or next week. In fact, I am waiting for my midnight blue to arrive too! If I get a call from my dealer, I'll let you know.

We saw the 03X by their parking lot next to SilverCity Richport, so I think it's in already. However, I haven't seen any on the road yet. It's easy to distinguish as the mexx of 03 are different than 02.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2: :2: :2: :2: :2: . Tooooooo excited. That's it, I'm going to the dealer on the weekend. BTW, thanks for the information chillimouse.

·
Registered
41 Posts
'03 tailgate chrome?

Hi, can someone please post a pic of the rear of the '03? I have seen many, many '01's and '02's but not sure about telling the difference for the new ones. Thank you very much, trying to stay current here in Denver!

·
3,109 Posts

·
3,109 Posts
BaldEagle said:
No kidding! I can't even tell the 01's from the 02's.
Is there a differance between them? One year there was mahogany, and another red rock I think.

`03s have different rims, large chrome above tag, and the new blue color.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The body and parts look exactly the same for '01 and '02. I won't able to tell the different, unless those are the unique color for the model year.

I did spot one of '03 while I was driving in MD at speed around 50 mph. With that speed, I could only tell the different from the back.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Difference In 01/02 MDX?

zafer said:

Is there a differance between them? (01 - 02)
Yes, the 01's generally have less tread on the tires, more dings, and are usually not as clean (not true probably for posters here) as the 02's. :2:

Oh, and the side mirrors are different on the 02's although I have a hard time telling the difference. The thicker windshield is about as easy for me to spot as the change in the mirrors.:8:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Any one seen 2003s on the street????

2002 Acura MDX! said:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2: :2: :2: :2: :2: . Tooooooo excited. That's it, I'm going to the dealer on the weekend. BTW, thanks for the information chillimouse.
My dealer called me saying that my Midnight Blue was released from the factory already! It will be here next week for pickup :5: :2: :2: Couldn't wait!!!

Along with the midnight blue delivery, there should be some slate grey too. If you hold on a few more days, you probably can see both!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Re: Difference In 01/02 MDX?

BaldEagle said:
Yes, the 01's generally have less tread on the tires, more dings, and are usually not as clean (not true probably for posters here) as the 02's. :2:
NOT always true. For someone who loves to drive MDX, they might hit over 5x, 6xK and replaced the tires already. So if they did, they have more tread on the tires. :2:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts