Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jamie has been missing fromthis forum for a while. any news about the 03? boy, if nobody still knows anything (BTW, i think that is all crap, its impossible for even the FBI to keep something that secret), then acura is certainly taking us for a ride. I had heard that it happened in communist countries - "tell me if you'll buy it, price unknown, product unknown, put down a deposit NOW, or f*@% off, step off the line, next please". am quite shocked to see it happen in the US.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My Dealer Knows Nothing

Just made my weekly call to my 03 Dealer. "They know nothing about the 03's" I was told that my 03 Navigation order can go in next week and they should have some 03 details by the end of the month.

Seems strange that you can order cars, be expecting your first non-Navi deliveries in a few weeks and still "know Nothing".

Does Acura do this every year??

I agree with MDX350 - Where's Jamie??

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been wondering about Jamie as well. I sent him an e-mail yesterday, but no response. Wonder if he is on vacation or no longer at that dealer. Someone else posted that they had called Acura customer service and was told no information would be released and no printed brochures until September 30th. I think Acura has always done this. Hate to say it but they are not the only ones. Checked with Toyota about the new 4Runner and have been told the same thing, but later. They aren't releasing the new models until November.:(

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know where Jamie is either, but we really haven't gotten any information from Acura yet. Obviously we know the colors, but no info on additional features (other than what's already posted here by Jamie), HP, or pricing. We usually get pricing when we get our first invoice, about 10 days before the first one arrives. If Jamie doesn't make an apperance here, I'll let you know when I find out something. I am as anxious as you are.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Jamie - We need Help!

Jamie,

HELP!

With so many stories floating around out there about the status of the new Navi system and real build dates for Quartz leather, it's time to pick up the Bat Phone.

Depending on which Thread you read, the new Navi is either on schedule, or on some super secret hold. Some users report production dates, others report being informed by their dealers to expect delays and some quote friends "in the business" telling them that the new Navi is not ready and wont be delivered to the factory until January.

On a lesser note, nobody seems to be reporting production dates for Silver/Quartz (with, or without Navi).

With all of this in mind, I called my dealer today about my pending 2003 Silver/Quartz/Navi order and he told me that he has production dates for 2 units like mine (11/3 and 11/11), and whichever one arrives first is mine.

So, that seems to be the range of our confusion. Without getting into too much trouble with Acura, can you shed any light on what the real story is regarding Navi and Quartz production and delivery dates.

Personally, I've been waiting patiently since 6/24 for my MDX and a few more weeks won't matter. But, I think Acura owes its customers some real information, and I hope you'll be able to pull it from someone in Torrence.

Thanks,

vcolangelo

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know about Jamie, but I am embarrassed about what people are told, at some Acura dealers. There is no word from Acura, because everything is on schedule. Navigation System's, and Quartz interior were never scheduled until November, and every dealer has their production schedule for the MDX's they ordered. If someone is being told that there is a delay, it is because their dealer didn't order it on the first allocation that they were available. If Jamie ever reappears, I think he will confirm my reply.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Jamie

Maybe Jamie got kidnapped by the Acura hit men???:eek:

Well that is typical Honda...One example that I can verified about Honda for 2003 is that they want to win and win BADLY in every aspect...

Am a motorcycle nut...So when I was looking into what is to be of the 2003 line up...HONDA has such as hush hush on the 2003 600CC bike that the product management team of Honda North America motorcycle division doesn't even know about it until, Honda Japan made the announcements. They were so tight lip that big magazines like Cycle World, Motorcyclist and Sports Rider did not have a chance to test the bike until next month. Usually these guys would have an editorial on the 2003 by now...

Honda Motorcycle is doing this for a reason...To win races in the 600CC class.

·
Registered
228 Posts
vcolangelo et al,

No, I haven't been taken away and I'm very much in one piece. I've been posting recently in different threads. Its funny, I never noticed this topic string before...

vcolangelo,

Thank you for writing my direct email. I hope I was able to assist. You may want to copy it here for others. While MDX's scheduled to be produced after the 15th of this month are slightly delayed, they will not be too late. With the delay, most of you will receive your MDX's approximately 13 after the scheduled production date rather than the normal 8-10 days.

I used the phrase "most of you" on purpose. acura_ed is correct. The Navigation System, Quartz interior, and Sage Metallic, are all selections that were never inteded to appear before November. Rest assured, as of 11/1/2002, all of these selections are available. I have navigation equipped MDX's in production as early as 11/7. The new Sage color appears to enter production late in November though. Most Sage MDX's have been assigned production in the last week of the Month. The only real delays at the moment will be for Satin Silver / Quartz MDX's. This particular combination will run approximately two weeks behind schedule once it goes into production in November.

Let me know if you have other questions. I'm usually on the boards at least once per day and I'm always available directly at [email protected].

Jamie S.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wow...guess my MDX got lost....

jamiestockman said:
vcolangelo et al,

No, I haven't been taken away and I'm very much in one piece. I've been posting recently in different threads. Its funny, I never noticed this topic string before...

vcolangelo,

Thank you for writing my direct email. I hope I was able to assist. You may want to copy it here for others. While MDX's scheduled to be produced after the 15th of this month are slightly delayed, they will not be too late. With the delay, most of you will receive your MDX's approximately 13 after the scheduled production date rather than the normal 8-10 days.

I used the phrase "most of you" on purpose. acura_ed is correct. The Navigation System, Quartz interior, and Sage Metallic, are all selections that were never inteded to appear before November. Rest assured, as of 11/1/2002, all of these selections are available. I have navigation equipped MDX's in production as early as 11/7. The new Sage color appears to enter production late in November though. Most Sage MDX's have been assigned production in the last week of the Month. The only real delays at the moment will be for Satin Silver / Quartz MDX's. This particular combination will run approximately two weeks behind schedule once it goes into production in November.

Let me know if you have other questions. I'm usually on the boards at least once per day and I'm always available directly at [email protected].

Jamie S.
.....my MDX was built on/about 10/10...still not here (NoCal)...dealer today says it's on a train in New Mexico.....to be loaded on a truck I suppose...been 19 days already, they estimated 12-14 after build - so another example of the variability of arrival dates, and life.....

Stumpie

·
Registered
228 Posts
stumpie,

I'd suspect your MDX wasn't built until more recently. Have you actually had the VIN# since the 10th? Even in NoCal, 19 days is a ton of time to get an MDX in.

Jamie s.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah, I'd agree...

...no, I never asked for a VIN #....probably should have, tho. But it sounds like it's getting close, so I should be OK for another few days...New Mexico to SF Bay area on a train or truck should be a day or so I would think....we'll see. My major problem at this stage is not getting the new car, but selling my old one! '00 ML320 ad has been in the paper 10 days and not one call....dropped the price 3K today to $25K...maybe that'll do it...

Thanks Jamie, for all your guidance....

·
Registered
277 Posts
e-mail from Jamie

To All,

Here's Jamie's response to my e-mail on the status of 2003 MDX orders with Navi and, or Quartz leather.

==================================================
vcolangelo,

I did post a short time ago on this topic, but I'm not sure if it was in the
thread you posted your question on. I don't mind if you share the
information with others...

The hold up is not the Navigation system, its the Silver / Quartz
combination. First, rest assured that your order is fine, merely set back a
short time. You need to add two weeks to the initial production date your
dealer gave you. It is possible your MDX will be built sooner, but this is
a realistic estimate. Unfortunately, your dealer won't get another update
on your MDX until after its produced. They will lieterally see your VIN#
appear as built / shipped one day on their inventory report.

Most SS Navi/ or RES MDX's were assigned 11/6 or 11/7 production initially,
so you'd expect then to arrive the 25th-29th of November with the delays.

If you'd like me to check into your individual status, please just send me
your Order Reference Number (if you don't know what this is, just ask your
salesperson to give it to you.)

I hope you have a pleasant evening.

Jamie S.
==================================================

Hope this helps.

vcolangelo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts