Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out there? I've been trying to log in for more than a month and can't seem to be able to. Are they dead like Napster? I even tried uninstalling and installing the software and no luck. Anybody tried to download from them lately?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Kazaa works perfectly for me. I download audio and video from them every day. If you are under a firewall that may be one reason why you can't log in. Also try making a new account or download morpheus, which is an exact clone of kazaa, just has different colors :p

Hope I was any help.

·
Registered
266 Posts
KaZaa works for me too! I have been using KaZaa on and off for a few months now. I always get on instantly....and often swap via high bandwidths. This is something I didn't see consistently on Morpheus . .like Ice T said same interface . . different colors

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys. Ill try re signing again.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Kazaa is fine except that it really consumes a lot of system resources, it's hard to have it runnin along with other applications.

·
Registered
266 Posts
gokings,

Perhaps it is time you kick up your RAM. My machine is nothing special but, I do have 4 sessions of IE, Yahoo Msgr, Outlook, Access, KaZaa, and Picture IT running concurrently. I haven't seen my CPU usage peak above 60% or my page file peak above 192MB. I am running Win2K Pro.
Just curious, what other apps are you trying to run....some middle-high end graphics program??

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am not running anything that high tech, just IE, word, and media player. The specific thing I notice is that when I'm using Kazaa, any new program or file I open takes a lot longer to open, once it's opened it doesn't run too slowly. I have a PIII600 128mb RAM windows 98SE.:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
one word for Kazaa -- ROCKS!

I love Kazaa, best thing out there, I think,
I do not have any resource issues w/it,
I am running a cable modem through a
P4 1.4GHZ, 256MB RAM (SDRAM PC600)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
finally got kazaa back. I think kazaa rocks. easy to use and a lot of downloads, especially the not so popular ones.

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
Kazaa Lite

Very Important...

For those who don't know... The full version of Kazaa is laden with spyware.. I recommend getting Kazaa Lite... same software minus the spyware.. To detect spyware on your system, download ad-aware... You'll be surprised what cookies, ect are on your drive...

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Re: one word for Kazaa -- ROCKS!

cr said:
I love Kazaa, best thing out there, I think,
I do not have any resource issues w/it,
I am running a cable modem through a
P4 1.4GHZ, 256MB RAM (SDRAM PC600)
No wonder I can't get it to work on my 286. . .

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Re: Kazaa Lite

mdxxxx said:
Very Important...

For those who don't know... The full version of Kazaa is laden with spyware.. I recommend getting Kazaa Lite... same software minus the spyware.. To detect spyware on your system, download ad-aware... You'll be surprised what cookies, ect are on your drive...
I agree, MDXXX, it just has too much junk built into it. . .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts